Running two audio interfaces for playback only

I'm using ASIO to run VSTIs in Cakewalk in a live rig.  I also play wave files in some cases.  Right now, I'm using a Focusrite 4i4.  It has 4 audio outs, which is OK but not ideal.  I'd like to have 6 dedicated analog outs for flexibility, but the only USB audio interfaces with that many outputs also have 8+ audio inputs.  I don't need the cost, size, or weight of such an interface in my gigging rig.  Is there any way to run one ASIO interface, and another one with a standard Windows driver?  I'm OK if the second interface isn't synced to the first one.  I'm even OK if it has poor latency, as I can simply move the wave files a few (or many) ticks earlier in the song to compensate.  Anyone have a solution?  I considered ASIO Link, but it's been discontinued.

Hi Bruce,

You can certainly run two interfaces at the same time as long as they are not both using ASIO at the same time.  However, there are manufactures who make interfaces with which you can run multiple interfaces all using ASIO specific driver at the same, for instance RME.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot

Thanks for the confirmation.  How does one set it up, though?  I looked in CW, and I only see one audio interface, my Focusrite 4i4.  I know that the laptop has its own interface, because I can play my standalones for VSTIs through the laptop's speakers (with dreadful sound).  How do I get CW to recognize it?