Watching the Black (Now with printed Lyrics)

Wookiee

Just now, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

Very Floydy and very good - really enjoyed the listen - and can I ask re the vocals? Are they you🤪

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, yes it is all Wookiee vocal, real Fender Strat played  by real Wookiee clawed paws, SD 3 and assorted keys. I think I even played my bass on this.

Very fun. Just liken when I listened to "Atom Heart Mother" while perfectly straight, the room started spinning. 😄

Production is faultless, but I had trouble understanding the words! Not sure why.

Compositionally, I'm not a fan of the bass and guitar playing the same melody throughout, but that's an artistic choice. It was executed flawlessly.

Fun stuff!

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, Treblecock Studio said:

Very nice!

Thank you sir.

On 6/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, mark skinner said:

Great job ! I thought you did a Very nice job on the vocals. You should do more guitar  , great tone and playing. I really enjoyed it ..   mark

Thank you Mark, you are risking lives re vocals, you are probably right but the 88 note keyboard is just there and very immediate. 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Yep!

👏

t

OK  OK as it happens given a chance there is something fermenting that will probably work best with some LP, Strat  & maybe some Tele. I also hear a bell 🔔

• Great Idea 1

On 6/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, Barry Seymour said:

Very fun. Just liken when I listened to "Atom Heart Mother" while perfectly straight, the room started spinning. 😄

Production is faultless, but I had trouble understanding the words! Not sure why.

Compositionally, I'm not a fan of the bass and guitar playing the same melody throughout, but that's an artistic choice. It was executed flawlessly.

Fun stuff!

Glad to hear this reached you I will try and dig out the lyrics to post them here. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, Barry Seymour said:

but I had trouble understanding the words! Not sure why.

For you Barry

Lyrics for Watching the Black.

Here I lie In This Box
Watching the Black
With long dead Sightless Eyes.

Watching the Black

Here I lie In This Box
Whilst Dreams of the past
Fill my Empty Skull

Whilst Dreams of the past
Fill my Empty Skull

Here I lie In This Box