Ntdll.dll causing cakewalk crash(with minidump file)

I do not see any minidump - is there any information you can provide on:

1) Your project's contents - in terms of what plugins (synths and effects) you have loaded into it, and info on if it is all audio, all midi, a mixture...

2) Your computer specs - OS and maintenance level, audio interface make and model, Cakewalk version, etc

3) Any info on what kinds of operations you were doing when it crashed - I know you said random, but for a given crash, please explain what you were doing for that particular time a little before the crash and up to it...

Bob Bone

19 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

I do not see any minidump - is there any information you can provide on:

1) Your project's contents - in terms of what plugins (synths and effects) you have loaded into it, and info on if it is all audio, all midi, a mixture...

2) Your computer specs - OS and maintenance level, audio interface make and model, Cakewalk version, etc

3) Any info on what kinds of operations you were doing when it crashed - I know you said random, but for a given crash, please explain what you were doing for that particular time a little before the crash and up to it...

Bob Bone

ok,now the dump file has uploaded correctly.

I only looked at a few of your crashes.  At least one was the faderport_sonar.dll another was RealStringsSteelGuitar and a 3rd was Kontakt 5.  With that wide a variety of crashes you aren't going to have a lot of luck pinning this down.  Your last two crashes had so many active threads Visual Studio 2017 complained that the number of threads was too high to debug and recommended changing settings.  You had a zillion threads of Omnisphere, both Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 (lots of threads of each) and a couple of 32-bit bitbridged plugins.  Not to mention a ton of effects.  The only chance you have of really narrowing this down in to get the crash to be repeatable with a minimum number of plugins/instruments/etc.  Otherwise it's just a giant burst of vomit.  From the file names I'm guessing your also running a non-US/English version of Windows, which may also be a factor.

• Thanks 1