Sonar Platinum crashing

dscoyne

Question

I have not downloaded CbB yet.  Am just getting back to using Platinum on a project, but it crashes constantly, with fault (fatal) error messages, both when trying to export audio as a wave file, or just playing back tracks.  I recently purchased System Mechanic software and found that it automatically was "fixing" my computer, including cleaning the registry.  I wonder if that might have something to do with my problem.

I'm wondering if I need to reinstall Platinum, and if that would fix it.  The module where the errors occurred was indicated as "cakewalk\vstplugins\Dimension Pro\Dimension Pro x64.dll."  Crash dump files were forwarded to Bandlab.

Any help to be able to get back to work would be much appreciated!

5 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, dscoyne said:

Crash dump files were forwarded to Bandlab

This did not happen unless you manually sent the dump to BandLab support. There has been no automatic process since Nov 2017.

Sometimes, it is helpful to know if a factory DP preset was used and if so, the name of the preset.

scook, sorry for delay in responding.....been away.  Yes, I had to okay sending the dump to BandLab.  Don't know if that does any good. 

I got the same sort of crash using TTS-1.  I'm wondering if I should reinstall Sonar.  If I did that, would I have to remove the existing program?

And maybe I should install Cakewalk by Bandlab, I think I read that that can be done alongside Sonar Platinum.  There are some things in Sonar that I regularly use, like the Vocal 64.  Can you tell me if Cakewalk by Bandlab has that?

Thanks for any further help.

4 hours ago, dscoyne said:

Yes, I had to okay sending the dump to BandLab.  Don't know if that does any good. 

Dumps sent from inside the program go nowhere. The Cakewalk server that collected dump files was shutdown in Nov. 2017. BandLab does not have an automated process to collect dump files. The current process relies on the user uploading the files not the program

Here are the plug-ins included in CbB. BandLab recommends that those who own Platinum leave it installed when installing CbB. This way CbB can take advantage of the plug-ins bundled with Platinum.

Hi dscoyne and all

I'm having the same problems with DimPro and Rapture in CBB - I was going to start a separate topic but the problem is so similar - and in my case also occurs in Splat

I was going to ask the members if there was a way of uninstalling DimPro & Rapture and then reinstalling just to try something to solve the problem

So it appears the problem is occurring in both Splat & CBB

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks

Best

Ed

Yes it is possible to uninstall but since there is not enough information in these posts to determine the cause of the crashes, it would be best to work with support. If they feel a re-install is needed they will suggest it.