On 6/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, Wookiee said:

A classic brewing from Bats.

why thanks there, wookiee!

glad you heard this one...

i had fun with the synths,

got to dial in some hopefully 'new' polyphonic analog-modeled synth stuff,

i really need to find a good prophet 5 vst for a good price (free)! LOL

that, and maybe a good Arp Quadra...

Duuuuuuuude!!! What an unexpected and nice discovery! This feels like one of those 70s rock classics that people still listen to this day. I love everything about it! 

Subscribed to you on youtube instantly when the vocals started.

1 hour ago, batsbrew said:

1 hour ago, batsbrew said:

i really need to find a good prophet 5 vst for a good price (free)! LOL

that, and maybe a good Arp Quadra...

Cherry Audio is the only Quadra VST3 available around $39 that I am aware of. 

Arturia do a good Prophet 5 now two versions but not cheep around  $199.00 they do sound good though. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ron_Pko said:

Duuuuuuuude!!! What an unexpected and nice discovery! This feels like one of those 70s rock classics that people still listen to this day. I love everything about it! 

Subscribed to you on youtube instantly when the vocals started.

howdy ho, ron pko!

thanks for listening!

glad you dig it...

the synths i used, i think post date the 70's,  but i get the drift...

and some of the samples i used (like the beeping at the end, that's  a recording of the Sputnik satellite!) go back to the 50's! heheh

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, batsbrew said:

howdy ho, ron pko!

thanks for listening!

glad you dig it...

the synths i used, i think post date the 70's,  but i get the drift...

and some of the samples i used (like the beeping at the end, that's  a recording of the Sputnik satellite!) go back to the 50's! heheh

I get it, but you know what really got my attention and made me go ''WOW!!'' is when the guitar starts playing and your vocals and from there on to end.
It really sounds like those awesome hard rock songs from mid/late seventies with catchy melodies and interesting vocals. 
Many bands nowadays sound so generic when it comes to original rock songs. But you have very good taste. Listening to your ''The Travel Song'' now

and it also sounds very good.    

On 6/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, Wookiee said:

Cherry Audio is the only Quadra VST3 available around $39 that I am aware of. 

Arturia do a good Prophet 5 now two versions but not cheep around  $199.00 they do sound good though. 

thanks for the heads up wookiee...

didn't know about cherry audio,

they have SEVERAL ancient synth models i'm interested in, besides the quadra...

they have the dream synth (Ensoniq ESQ-1 and prophet 5 hybrid),

jupiter 4,

Memorymoog.

Korg's renowned MS-20,

Oberheim Eight (yes!)

even the ARP 2600!

so, wow, i'd like all of those!! heheh

@batsbrew well worth checking their bundle prices, the individual prices are silly but their bundle prices are even cheaper. 

The Oberheim 8 is wild, the Dreamsynth is well it is just that a dream synth. 

Yes I do have them all, Sound on Sound rated their take on the Space Echo as the closest to the original Roland hardware. 

14 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Sound on Sound rated their take on the Space Echo as the closest to the original Roland hardware. 

you know, i have the BOSS DD-200 delay pedal, 

and it has a really good version of the space echo in it,

i use it quite often for guitar.

i guess, if i had to just get ONE (the wallet decides) it'd probably be the OB 8.

tho, i'm intrigued by the dream synth, i had an original Prophet V back in the day...

On 6/29/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ron_Pko said:

I get it, but you know what really got my attention and made me go ''WOW!!'' is when the guitar starts playing and your vocals and from there on to end.
It really sounds like those awesome hard rock songs from mid/late seventies with catchy melodies and interesting vocals. 
Many bands nowadays sound so generic when it comes to original rock songs. But you have very good taste. Listening to your ''The Travel Song'' now

and it also sounds very good.    

hey ron! yea, the vocals, on this one, they were pretty straight up and simple, and least simpler than most all of my previous stuff.

this song was my intentional target of a simpler song format, most of my stuff is a bit more progressive leaning.

travel song, which is actually called "Following Light" from my first album, is actually a waltz! but a kind of raw rock waltz.

i have an all instrumental album i just did back during the lockdown, called "Elemental", no vocals...you can check that one here:

https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...