Project hangs on "Creating UI" *and* CbB hangs on "Not Responding" after closing projects - ALL after upgrading to Windows 10

6 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What would be the fear of losing the data in those files? What data is in there? 

None really.

All AUD.INI contains is details about your current audio device, and your default bit size/sample rate, and some latency preferences. These can change if you update your drivers. It's a cache of these values, so if the file is deleted, your device will be queried again and the file recreated.

TTSSEQ.INI contains the available MIDI devices, which ones are selected, and in the case of MIDI outputs, their order. I think it also contains your MIDI sync preferences. So a bit more "user" data in here, but nothing that can't be easily re-selected within Cakewalk. Again, this file is recreated if it's deleted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I deleted AUDIO.INI and TTSSEQ.INI from Cakewalk Core, uninstalled/reinstalled my RME audio drivers and deleted AUDIO.INI again, restarted pc once or twice in there, tried opening that one project that gets stuck on "Creating UI" and still the same two problems where it still hangs on "Creating UI" and freezes when trying to close. The other day though I re-saved that project to something else in safe mode which allows it to open up in regular mode now and that fixed the freeze upon closing issue too, so I guess that's still the plan forward, which is fine at least they're salvageable. But perhaps deleting those two files may prevent someting else bad from happening later. Anyway I'll see if support is interested in looking at any of this for their own sake. Thanks for all the tips.

• Great Idea 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Please see here:

I've been troubled by this problem for a long time.

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always get stuck in the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder? 

7 hours ago, zhangkekf said:

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder? 

The Media Browser within Cakewalk is essentially an instance of Windows explorer, and it's the windows shell within it that is trying to treat the zip file as a folder and evaluate the file list within it.

@Noel Borthwick - explains what is happening here: