2022.06 Feedback

Audio Export presets not changing file type

I think I have found two bugs in Audio Export Dialogue:

- Audio Export presets not changing Export Location too

- when exporting multiple tasks with {timestamp} all tasks are exported with the same timestamp (the one from the last task added)

• 2 weeks later...

Is the MIDI Arpeggiator function broken in 2022.06 (build 34)?

When I create a MIDI track and then select Clips > Automation > Arpeggiator there is a ">" symbol to the far right.  > typically indicates more choices are available but a sub menu does not open.

Clipboard01.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

Is the MIDI Arpeggiator function broken in 2022.06 (build 34)?

When I create a MIDI track and then select Clips > Automation > Arpeggiator there is a ">" symbol to the far right.  > typically indicates more choices are available but a sub menu does not open.

I just checked it myself, all submenus open, all functions are available. Try reinstalling Cakewalk directly over the current version, this error may be fixed.

• Like 1

I'm running the latest CbB version 2022.06 Build 034.  On my Laptop (WIN 11 Pro) and my Studio PC (Still WIN 10 Pro).

However, Windows Program & Features shows my Cakewalk Programs as (see pic)

I'm curious why this is the case. Could it be that Windows is showing the last full build (somewhere in the vicinity of 550MB) and the numerous updates since (about 50MB) not registering as full installations with Windows. Following along with the file sizes of each update file, this would seem to make the most sense still as each release has a incrementing version number its odd that Windows doesn't update the information.

2022-08-31.thumb.png.12388543dac45df33848ff0af420bfae.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Vogel (MUDGEL) said:

Could it be that Windows is showing the last full build 

You are correct.

What we're basically installing today are just the core updates on the original DAW. I believe this is a way for the developers to track what was worked on and what still needs to be fixed from where the previous company stopped with their developments. 

@IgoRr, thanks for checking.  Once you verified I dug a little deeper.  The Arpeggiator sub menu does not display unless the midi track contains midi data.  That may read like a duh, slap your head, comment but I didn't know that.

However, once the sub menu displays, you can remove all midi data from the midi track and the Arpeggiator sub menu will continue to display when prompted to display.

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard03.thumb.jpg.3d4559342d7ede65acd687c15d4742d8.jpg

Edited by Jim Fogle
Add last comment and screen shot
  • Like 1

Bug in Tempo track:

1. In a new project create a new tempo node on bar 2 (or wherever else) without changing the tempo.

2. Go to the beginning, change the tempo of the first node.

3. All following nodes are changed together with the first one.

I suppose they should not change. That is how it worked since the last release. I use this when I want to make the beginning of the song slower but keep the tempo of the later parts.

This issue also occurs when I insert Tempo change through the dialog (without using the Tempo track) although I select "Insert a New Tempo".

• 3 weeks later...

Access Violation:

Faulting application name: Cakewalk.exe, version: 28.6.0.34, time stamp: 0x62dae0cf
Faulting module name: Cakewalk.exe, version: 28.6.0.34, time stamp: 0x62dae0cf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000113a3d9
Faulting process id: 0x8ab8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d0951dbed3c0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe
Report Id: 7f1d102f-9dea-4586-aa38-c818d1dcbab0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

No dump was produced, CBB just crashed... I think it was during a MIDI controller edit in the PRV, also this has happened before at exactly the same Fault offset & CBB version, on probably the same project.

As of Cakewalk 2022.06 build 34:

Cakewalk needs to allow me to turn off for it to "listen" to the VST3 plugins telling it to save changes per plug-in or all plugins.  To ignore the plug-in to request Cakewalk to save changes.

Two of the waves plugins I've got makes Cakewalk freeze by constantly requesting Cakewalk to save every other second.  It would be great to tell Cakewalk to ignore those requests and give control back to the user.

The current solution is to go in preferences and tell Cakewalk "save every 0 changes", but that now sucks.  I can't have Cakewalk save every 15 changes, because of Waves Audio plug-in spamming Cakewalk to save... Which makes Cakewalk FREEZE.

Edited by El Diablo