2022.06 Feedback

I'm looking for the link to roll back to previous install. Since update I've received files for 2 projects that were already in the works.

Both projects they added instruments or vocals later. When I add these files to the projects and line them up in sync all is good until I press the stop button and then they (the later added files) are no longer in sync. I thought they may have been recorded at a different sample rate but it looks like we are all at 44.1. 

thanx scook!

Isn't this gonna roll me back too far? ----> it's from the link you posted i see no roll back 2022.06

Should you need to revert to the 2021.12 release, you can download the Cakewalk 2021.12 Rollback installer.

Edited by dahjah

On 8/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, Tez said:

Update: @msmcleod - Sir it appears there is an edge case for the failure described above. Namely the failure only occurs when the synth output is an aux track.

Confirmed with a basic project using Cakewalk True Pianos that Real-time Freeze runs indefinitely when the output of the Synth/Instrument track is an Aux track.

Good catch.

Edited by David Baay
Corrected 'Audible' to 'Real-time'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Will. said:

Cakewalk doesn't open the Vsti on insert. Brand new clean install of CbB and windows 10. The OS 10 was updated two days ago. UPDATE 1 of CbB build 034. 

image.png.0712514af744e0a52306a9ef4904b660.png

Make sure "Synth Property Page" in top right is ticked.

2 hours ago, Will. said:

Shouldn't it be selected by default? The reason why I am actually reporting it. 

AFAIK it does default to be selected, but if you opened the last synth without, then the next time it is also unselected!

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

It will open the synth property page automatically by default if you use the Add Track button, but defaults off on the Insert Soft Synth Options from the menu (changing that will persist subsequently though). 

This hasn't changed with this update though. 

Will did say it was a clean install though (like me, he probably hasn't done a clean install for ages!).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Perry said:

Will did say it was a clean install though (like me, he probably hasn't done a clean install for ages!).

That's what I'm referring to, on a clean install (not new to the latest update by any stretch) it will default to that option as off in the Insert Soft Synth Options dialog, but will always open the UI track if using the Add Track button instead.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

That's what I'm referring to, on a clean install (not new to the latest update by any stretch) it will default to that option as off in the Insert Soft Synth Options dialog, but will always open the UI track if using the Add Track button instead.

This is actually an install from scratch. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

I actually do one every 4 months. Both windows and CbB. I completely format my OS drive. Its an old habbit.😂

Edited by Will.