replace synth in 1 midi track

Try this (see bottom of page):

To replace a synth on a single Instrument track

When inserting a multi-output soft synth with the Instrument Track Per Output option enabled, Cakewalk creates multiple Instrument tracks that share a single instance of the soft synth.

You can now replace the soft synth on an individual Instrument track without affecting other Instrument tracks that share the same soft synth instance. To do so, right-click the Instrument track strip and select Replace Synth for This Track Only

Edited by User 905133
to post a link to (and a quote from) the online documentation

Thanks for the responses. There was no option when I right click the strip to replace for this track only (see attachment). I tried changing the output of the track to the synth I want & it worked but now the other tracks don't sound, even though they are still assigned to the original GM synth. other options to add a synth add it to a new track, not the one I want. I think I am close but still haven't quite got it. i'll admit i know very little about midi, I'm mostly audio.  Thanks again.

Untitled.jpg

Here is a MIDI file opened in CbB where TTS-1 was automatically added.

After opening the file, I changed the output of the TTS-1 audio track to a new bus and made it the master bus by right-clicking on the bus and selecting "Set as Default Bus." While not entirely necessary, it is a good idea to have a master bus in every project. Opening MIDI files does not automatically create the bus.

This is where the video picks up the action and it shows:

• Adding Z3ta+2 using Insert > Soft Synth... with the First Synth Audio Output selected in the Insert Soft Synth Options dialog
  • In the track labeled "Track 16" I changed the output to Z3ta+2 and channel to None as it is not needed
  • Notice that both TTS-1 and Z4ta+2 audio tracks play when the transport starts. TTS-1 is playing every track except the one change to Z3ta+2.

kzzr5js.gif