Cruel Design

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a brand new track for the current album I'm working on called "The Westerly Sessions Volume XI".  On this one I played my Fender Strat using TH-U for the rhythm tracks, and I played my Gibson SG using Amplitude for the lead parts.  As always, any comments or critiques are welcome and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14444269

• Like 1

👍‘s here. 
For some reason my iPhone fails to retain my login credentials at SoundCloud and SoundClick. As a consequence, I was unable to leave a “like” over at SClick. 
Does anyone understand the “rankings” algorithm over at “SClick”?

t

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

👍‘s here. 
For some reason my iPhone fails to retain my login credentials at SoundCloud and SoundClick. As a consequence, I was unable to leave a “like” over at SClick. 
Does anyone understand the “rankings” algorithm over at “SClick”?

t

Hi Tom - I think the SC rankings are rated by number of plays - I could be wrong, but I think that's what it is.

• Thanks 1

Hey Kirb! Nice recording. I like how the bass almost seems like a lead instrument as well as the bass, underpinning everything.  It's higher in the mix than I'm used to, but it works.

Everything is nicely balanced, nothing collides with anything else. Sounds great!

Side question: just how many Westerly Sessions were there?!?? 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

Hey Kirb! Nice recording. I like how the bass almost seems like a lead instrument as well as the bass, underpinning everything.  It's higher in the mix than I'm used to, but it works.

Everything is nicely balanced, nothing collides with anything else. Sounds great!

Side question: just how many Westerly Sessions were there?!?? 😁

Hey Barry - thanks for listening and for your comments.  Regarding the Westerly Sessions - I'm working on volume XI right now - I'm not sure how much farther I will go with it.