25% off Ableton Flash Sale

cclarry

This is a good time to use the Ableton Live $50 discount coupon you get from buying KORG controllers.  Only direct at Ableton.com, though.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:25 AM, telecode 101 said:

tempting. but can't be arsed to learn a new DAW.

For songwriting or production... :)

https://theproaudiofiles.com/ableton-live-for-music-production/

5. You Think About Creating Music and Sound in a Different Way

I’ve spent most of my career in audio capturing, tweaking, massaging and improving other people’s material. This includes recording already-fleshed-out songs in a recording studio, mixing music to sound commercially viable and pleasing to clients, or creating sound design, sound effects editing, and re-recording mixing during film post-production. Because of this, I had begun to think of the concept of a DAW as a means to an end — a tool only designed to capture and achieve a certain standard of audio quality for media to be distributed to the general public.

Perhaps this is why I’ve become enamored with Ableton Live for music production, as it’s more designed towards creating a fun and unique user experience. The process is more exciting because the program seems to be designed for the user to enjoy the journey more so than the final product. It’s nice to take off my mix engineer’s hat and re-frame the way I look at how music is performed and assembled.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3