Vegas has jumped the shark

bitflipper

21 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I'm glad you are finding ways to enjoy Vegas. I've been several times but the last was 15 years ago. BMG and suchlike aside, it has always struck me as one of the most spiritually depressing places in the U.S.

I like my depravity, but just not that sordid. 

I found out - after making reservations - that we were staying at the most popular hotel in Las Vegas for suicides. 

Wow, so sorry to hear this. I used to love those cheap breakfast buffets.

And I, too clicked on this thinking it would have something to do with MAGIX taking the program over from Sony, and I was preparing to tell you that you just need to configure MAGIX Connect so that it stops showing you ads for their products that you already own.

And, BTW, I just upgraded from 10 to 15 via the Humble Bundle and they really went to town on that code. Vegas, the tourist trap, might have jumped the shark, but Vegas, the video editing software, has acquired that feel of speed and stabillity that Cakewalk is sporting these days.

And you don't even need to take "grandpa's special vitamins" to enjoy it!

• 1 year later...

Never had a desire to go. Never went. It's a place out in the desert. They have to pipe water in. Few trees. The bling? That's ok I'll pass. Gambling? I  don't. 

I can tell Dave is a little less than enthusiastic too. lol.  But a promise is a promise I guess.

We seen the Blue Man Group on tour out here. It's a pretty good show. On pools- I have an in ground pool. It's probably the only pool I would go shirtless. I even keep my shirt on when the grandkids come over. Wouldn't want to scare them.

I've only gone there once that wasn't in conjunction with a tournament of some kind that I was in, but I still remember looking out of my hotel window at the city and couldn't help but think how dead it appeared even with all those lights flashing away...

Last time we went to Vegas we stayed at our timeshare which is just a block off the strip.  Only went to the strip a couple times to watch shows.  The rest of the time we to other attractions like a couple small zoos, Pinball Hall of Fame, Red Rock Canyon park, the dam plus I hiked a couple times.  Great hiking trails in the area.  We ate at the buffet a few times at the Palace Station which is still reasonable in price compared to the ones on the strip.  Maybe not as fancy but the kids like it.