Rendering a region as a video exports the whole video

jono grant

Hi, I have a video in cakewalk that I'm doing some music on.

I wanted to export a short region of it as a video/audio file.

I select a region and export the video. It exports the entire video though, not the region I selected!  (I say select all, then chose the region, even tried turning on loop. It doesn't render the full audio, it renders what I selected, but not the video.

How do I do this?

CbB is not a video edit sled (yet!) so all you can do is to check this post reply from Mark McLeod for a workaround:

I tested this method and it does work, but it's not elegant or sleek.

Usually when I have my audio exported into stems, I just load them into my Video edit platform and sync.

Edited by OutrageProductions

Thanks but that method is absolutely ridiculous. No one is expecting CW to be a video editor, just simply render out a small clip of a project with the video included. It says "Export to video" in the file menu, then it should do that. 

People that want to do this are not editing video. They are scoring music to picture, and when working on a 2 hour film, constantly going to other programs to do a simple task like this is not something a composer has time for. 

Cakewalk's dealing with video has been such a joke.  The folks updating the program should really look at decade old problems rather than redesigning the parts of the program that already work. 

"Select all, highlight a region and export to video file" that is how simple it should be. 

2 hours ago, jono grant said:

Thanks but that method is absolutely ridiculous. No one is expecting CW to be a video editor, just simply render out a small clip of a project with the video included. It says "Export to video" in the file menu, then it should do that. 

People that want to do this are not editing video. They are scoring music to picture, and when working on a 2 hour film, constantly going to other programs to do a simple task like this is not something a composer has time for. 

Cakewalk's dealing with video has been such a joke.  The folks updating the program should really look at decade old problems rather than redesigning the parts of the program that already work. 

"Select all, highlight a region and export to video file" that is how simple it should be. 

……. But not necessarily with video. Its been said, CbB is NOT a video editor, so no its not that simple. If i want to edit a video file with soundtrack i use Vegas, not CbB

YMMV, but …….

J

2 hours ago, jono grant said:

You are evidently not building enough time into your contract bids.

I always plan for at least 4 round trips to layback audio into the directors cut on my video sled and bill accordingly. And I'm faster on that than in CbB by  long shot.

I have no need to export dailies for Director approval from Cakewalk, but... as @Jeremy Oakes said, YMMV.

• Meh 1

20 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

……. But not necessarily with video. Its been said, CbB is NOT a video editor, so no its not that simple. If i want to edit a video file with soundtrack i use Vegas, not CbB

YMMV, but …….

J

Its not video editing to export a small clip. They should remove the option if it doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although this method has been working to export a clip of audio/video, I am learning that people on Macs are saying "There's no audio" on the clips I've been sending them.

What the heck, Cakewalk???  Why can't there be a bit of a video overhaul to the program? 

Issue not quite resolved