Apple M2 On the Way!

cclarry

19 hours ago, Barrie said:

But when this comes out for Mac... https://www.gpu.audio

I like the idea of offloading audio processing to the GPU, whose cores usually sit there picking their noses while running audio software. However, back when they posted the system requirements, none of my systems' GPU's met it.

It's a technology, just as with UAD cards, companies can either use it or not. My concern would be that plug-ins designed to take advantage of it wouldn't run so well on systems like mine with just CPU processing.

As far as the M2 announcement, I'm sure it's a heartbreaker for the Mac weenies who must have the latest thing. BTW, I don't consider ALL Mac users and fans "Mac weenies," just the ones who must have the latest or they feel inadequate. I myself have a couple of nice iMacs.

• Like 1

I will be looking closely at this. I was originally on a  Mac for a long time. Then moved to Windows and a faster processor. Now I am back debating to go back to OS X as I feel I liked working on OS X a little better.

When the M1's came out, I didn't look at it as I don't jump onto new generation tech as its risky. But now that they are at a second gen, it's starting to look more appealing.

Some things I didn't like about the new laptops. Hardly any ports. I got a macbook for my kid last year. It's cool looking and fast, but lack of ports is inhibiting.