Roland A-800 - Can 61 keys be custom mapped

I am using a Roland A-800 Pro I bought as demo a while back.  I bought it believing that it worked well with Sonar so it should work with Cakewalk by Bandlab.  That is the case.  I have gotten the the A-800 set up as an instrument/device and a Control Surface.  Still learning about how to use it, but it is working.  My little projects involve entering some sheet music using step record and am having pretty good success.  However, most of the music i am entering has notes lower than the default mapping of the keyboard on the f-clef (ie lower than C3).  The default mapping of the A-800 is C3 thru C8.  I would really like to learn how to custom map the 61 keys to the range of C2 thru C7.

So far the Roland Owner's Manual has not been much help.  There is an application called the  A-PRO Editor.  The Menu Options=Show Keyboard Panel window has a drop down setting for Upper (keyset)and Lower (keyset) Octave that appears to enable you to lower or raise the Octave.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to make it work.  Has anyone been able to successfully apply a custom key mapping and then use it without to much hassle.   I am open to any tips, clues or good leads. 

Cheers,

Marty

I think the closest would be to split the keyboard and then adjust the octave range of each split.

This would be done with from the keyboard itself rather then from the editor program.

The PCR-800 can do this, the A-800 Pro should be able to as well.

Thank you Promidi for responding.  I'm certainly being exposed as an absolute Noob.  I was looking again at my Owner's Manual to learn how to split and adjust as you were suggesting.  In the process i learned how to adjust the octave from play mode. Too easy, Hit the "- Octave" button or "+ Octave" button as needed.  That one adjustment accomplishes my fundamental objective.  Thanks for the clue.  For anyone else that might stumble across this thread, I would still like to learn more about Roland keysets and how to manage them using the A-Pro Editor.  So feel free to provide any information on that topic, as well.