Through the Years

RexRed

You know @RexRed I was playing more of your songs over at ReverbNation and your tune "Tender is the Light" really grabbed me. It has this classic sound to it and your falseto is also superb (I'm no singer, I'm a former drummer, but I have an enormous appreciation for talented singers, as I found working with them a great joy). Your voice just sounds so familiar and enjoyable. It totally fits next to legendary singer/songwriter voices like Harry Nilsson and verges on country. In a just world, you would be signed.  

• Like 1

Hey Jim Fogle, your comment is very useful to me, I believe you are correct, the doubling of my voice is distracting.

I will go back in and at least tone the doubling down so it is less apparent. I will let you know when the changes have been made and the song is replaced.

Big thanks Bajan Blue for your much appreciated compliments, best to you buddy!

PavlovsCat, your comment is superlative! I am truly humbled by such a nice compliment. Thank you ever so kindly!

Kevmsmith, thanks as well, I am very flattered by your really great comment and much of the credit goes to the awesome Cakewalk DAW!

We music artists have it good! 

👍🎶🎹🎸🎙️

Edited by RexRed

Okay, I have replaced the song up top with a better version I think.

I removed some of the voice doubling so it occurs less frequently and turned the doubling down so it would be less distracting.

I found a few errors, I had a doubling voice pointing to the wrong buss. So, when I was turning it down it was not being attenuated.

Also, a harmony vocal was going to the master instead of the harmony buss.

I balanced the tracks more, I hope, and compressed each vocal in the prochannel of each track.

Thanks a lot for the awesome tips Cakewalk peeps, your suggestions are very useful!

Please don't hesitate to respond even if it seems negative. 

Oh and Justin, "slightly longer fade out at the end maybe?"

I made the end fade out longer. (thanks for that tip as well)

Edited by RexRed