XLN Sale at Thomann

cclarry

For those that haven’t noticed, version 1.5.0 of Addictive Keys introduced a scalable GUI in November 2021. That was a big deal to me. Also Addictive Drums, Addictive Trigger and the effects DS-10 and RC-20 have all (quietly) been made scalable.

Found in the upper-right corner menu under UI Scaling and Settings.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I like their keys. I use them a lot. I hear good things about the drums, but dont have those. i have too many drums at moment.

I have the XLN Studio Grand, and it sounds pretty good. But would it kill them to provide a "performance" view with the piano, and maybe a virtual keyboard like many  other virtual keyboard instruments include? There are edit panels galore, but this seems like such an obvious omission!

I have rarely opened Addictive Keys since I got the Arturia Piano V. :)

I am not a piano snob (or player) so I've never even looked at Pianoteq or any of the really high end virtual pianos... not looking for a solo piano.

• Like 1

XLN does constantly tweak their stuff, they're just not vocal about it.

For example:
M1 and Monterey support (November 16th, 2021)
All XLN Audio products have native support for M1 Macs and macOS Monterey with the latest versions.

This update mania! 😉

It seems that WE all are not of value anymore, because we're not updated! 😆 And the Ferrari of the 60ties, the stradivarius violin, they have no value anymore, because they are not updated! How crazy is this kind of view? Modern times!

I have a lot of plugins and other software that have not been updated for years, and I can tell you that I have less problems with them than with "modern, updated" software! But YMMV!

• Like 2

I think the point of heckling XLN is that they seem to be lagging behind the competition, such as Toontrack, which regularly keeps releasing expansions and MIDI packs for their products.

I'm not going to bash XLN's existing products, as I have always liked Addictive Drums and Keys. High quality stuff! But something new once in a while would keep them front and center.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marled said:

This update mania! 😉

It seems that WE all are not of value anymore, because we're not updated! 😆 And the Ferrari of the 60ties, the stradivarius violin, they have no value anymore, because they are not updated! How crazy is this kind of view? Modern times!

I have a lot of plugins and other software that have not been updated for years, and I can tell you that I have less problems with them than with "modern, updated" software! But YMMV!

You also have to blame the on the (d)evolving OS.  I miss those days of Windows having only service packs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, marled said:

This update mania! 😉

Like those 15000 miles on my F-Type. Slowly but surely becoming a classic 😜

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Canopus said:

For those that haven’t noticed, version 1.5.0 of Addictive Keys introduced a scalable GUI in November 2021. That was a big deal to me. Also Addictive Drums, Addictive Trigger and the effects DS-10 and RC-20 have all (quietly) been made scalable.

Found in the upper-right corner menu under UI Scaling and Settings.

Can't believe I've never noticed this! Thanks!

11 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Can't believe I've never noticed this! Thanks!

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either until someone on the forum mentioned it a few months ago.

Release notes man, release notes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2