An Apology to Topology

steve@baselines.com

Well, I'm apologizing because topology did the hard work here.  The first 58 seconds is the inverted midi keyboard part of the song that follows.  In other words, it was free, I didn't have to write it.

Read here for more information and also to play the damn song.  It's interesting to try to pick out the inverted vs the , um, verted.

https://baselines.com/?p=6485

Thanks for listening and I hope you enjoy the freebie as much as I did.

Steve

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@steve@baselines.com There are some interesting CAL scripts that do something similar if you are interested I can supply. ;) 

I enjoyed this Steve nice departure, well mixed and captured nicely finished to.

Hey thanks Wookiee - I didn't know about the CAL scripts.  I haven't played with those very much over the years.  Thanks for listening!

Steve

43 minutes ago, freddy j said:

Thanks for introducing me to Mobius strips.  Interesting and enjoyable piece.  Well done!

They are cool things, Freddy - the article I read talked about how if you cut it down the middle it becomes twice as long - I haven't tried that and can't picture it.  Another thing he mentioned was the real life uses.  He mentioned a machinery belt that lasted twice as long because it was set up like a Mobius strip so that the wear was on both sides of the belt, not just one.