Having an issue wit Pigments

Onegin

Question

Hey everyone, hope somebody can help me out here. Got a new PC recently and installed the latest version of Cakewalk, also installed the latest version of Pigments via the Arturia Software Center. When I open Pigments by itself (outside of Cakewalk) it plays fine and I can hear it through my speakers and my headphones. The issue is when I open it in Cakewalk. So I add Pigments as an instrument track, set the output as my headphones, also tried just the regular speakers, and no matter what I do I can't get any sound to come out of it.... on Windows 11 if that makes any difference. Feeling frustrated, never had an issue with it in the past when it was on my previous rig it installed and played perfectly from day one. So Cakewalk is finding it just fine, there's no issue there, just can't get the sound to work regardless of what output setting I use. Thank you for your time & consideration.

14 answers to this question

Thank you for your comment. I tried it with input echo both enabled and disabled, neither produced sound.

The only way I can get Pigments to make sound is when using it as a stand alone software.

3 minutes ago, Onegin said:

I don't have any other VTS3 instruments to try

This does not matter; did you try replacing the Pigments with any other synth? This is a quick way to help troubleshoot issues with the track.

Does the VST2 version of Pigments work?

Yes, when I replace the synth on the Pigments track they all work and produce sound, Pigments is the only one that is not producing sound. I am not sure how to access the VST2 version of Pigments, it only shows me the option of Pigments VST3 when choosing the instrument for the track.

2 minutes ago, Onegin said:

I am not sure how to access the VST2 version of Pigments, it only shows me the option of Pigments VST3 when choosing the instrument for the track.

This could be because

• the VST2 is not installed or
  • the VST2 is installed but "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" in enabled in the VST3 migration section of Preferences > File > VST Settings.

I just noticed something else, when Pigments is opened in Cakewalk and I press on the keys (either with the controller OR the mouse) there is no activity on Pigments, like how normally you would see the various animations that take place when you press a key... when opened in Cakewalk there is no movement of any kind, I click the key and no sound, as well as no animation or movement within any of the pigments parameters.

1 minute ago, Onegin said:

I just noticed something else, when Pigments is opened in Cakewalk and I press on the keys (either with the controller OR the mouse) there is no activity on Pigments, like how normally you would see the various animations that take place when you press a key... when opened in Cakewalk there is no movement of any kind, I click the key and no sound, as well as no animation or movement within any of the pigments parameters.

this answers the question posed above

1 hour ago, scook said:

Does the plug-in make sound when using the plug-in UI?

Try the VST2 version of Pigments.

Thanks, I updated the setting in preferences, and it is still not showing so it must not be installed. Where do I get the VST2 version? I installed Pigments via the Arturia Software center and it didn't give me any extra options to download a different version.

Chances are it was installed but the dll is not the CbB scan path.

• Open the Arturia Software Center
  • Right-Click in the top right where the Welcome button is
  • Select Preferences
  • In My Preferences, Click on Folders.
  • The plug-in dll should be installed in the VST64 folder path.
  • Verify the plug-in is in the path.
  • Verify the path is in the CbB plug-in scan path in Preferences > File > VST Settings.

Okay now I have the VST2 installed and I replaced the VST3 in the track and still Pigments opens in the track and opens up, when I click a key nothing happens, no sound, the key moves, but nothing happens.

I do not use Win11.

Both VST2 and VST3 versions of Pigment run fine in CbB on Win10.

While it could be a CbB issue, given that other synths run fine in CbB, I suspect this is an issue with the plug-in versions of Pigment on Win11.