I'm Not Sure How I Feel...

Byron Dickens

Here is my  MIJ Fender Esquire . I picked her up in 1985 / 86 while I was working on West 48 th street at a music store .

I  KennyFied the looks of my Guitar  ..She is Candy Apple Red , Has Double Binding , A Gibson humbucker in the neck , and I put a Burns inspired pick guard on her .

I wanted jumbo frets so I bought a premium quality neck from Rudy's Music on West 48 Th street .  At the time Rudy told me this quality and brand neck he was selling me  is what he used for his  Pensa-Suhr guitars .Oh Yeah Sold  I bought it . It cost me as much as the guitar and it still plays like butter after all this time 😉

960393061_FenderEsquire.thumb.jpg.6cb910a2e5b33dbd5dd6df36e11f2081.jpg

There's more guitars I have from back then I bought new  ...

My 1984 MIJ Tele , An 86 Amercan Standard Strat and my Ibanez Midi guitar ...

I have pics around here someplace I'm just a little bit  Lazy at the moment to hunt them down .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Here is my  MIJ Fender Esquire . I picked her up in 1985 / 86 while I was working on West 48 th street at a music store .

I  KennyFied the looks of my Guitar  ..She is Candy Apple Red , Has Double Binding , A Gibson humbucker in the neck , and I put a Burns inspired pick guard on her .

I wanted jumbo frets so I bought a premium quality neck from Rudy's Music on West 48 Th street .  At the time Rudy told me this quality and brand neck he was selling me  is what he used for his  Pensa-Suhr guitars .Oh Yeah Sold  I bought it . It cost me as much as the guitar and it still plays like butter after all this time 😉

There's more guitars I have from back then I bought new  ...

My 1984 MIJ Tele , An 86 Amercan Standard Strat and my Ibanez Midi guitar ...

I have pics around here someplace I'm just a little bit  Lazy at the moment to hunt them down .

all the best,

Kenny

Awesome Tele !!  

my Squier is under construction, should be ready somewhere 2022...will post :)  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, bitflipper said:

Better than thinking about the vintage gear that you bought new but then sold for cheap because you thought its value was dropping because it was getting old.

did that with a SH-101 🙄

For me it was a Jupiter 6. It cost more than my first band van. Still does today at current prices. I sold it along with a Juno 106, a Yamaha TG-33, Roland drum machine and a Pioneer reel-to-reel for $1,000 in the 90's. I can live with that today because I still remember the grins on the faces of the four young fellows, an aspiring band, who hauled it all away. 

4 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

did that with a SH-101 🙄

Your lucky , at least you got something for it . I had an SH-101 that I loved . Even a non keyboard player like me could coax great synth sounds out of it .

While living in NYC I went on an afternoon  walk at the park with with my dog . When I got back home something didn't  feel right too me . Sure enough I walked around noticed my closet door was open and my leather jacket was missing . Then I walked into my music room / bedroom and saw my dual cassette deck and my SH-101 was missing ...

I lived on the fourth floor  . The thieves  must have gotten up on the roof  and climbed down the fire escape into my bedroom window  ...

Oh man that one stung ....A year later I rescued a 2 year old female Pit Bull named Sambuca. So now I had a German Shepherd mix named Rex hanging out inside my apt . A two year old Pit Bull that loved crashing out on my fourth floor fire escape and guess what ...  I never closed my bed room window  again...

Then I bred her with a  full breed Dogo Argentino . She had 7 puppy s while I still lived at the same apt ...SO there I was with 8 Pit Bulls and a mixed German Shepherd...  

It took a while to find homes for the 7 puppy's so people would get to see some of the dogs hanging out on the fire escape trying to escape the heat during the hot humid summer months of July and August . They just shook their heads when they looked up at my pad. Nobody ever broke in again 😎

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Sad 1

sorry to hear that, kenny... i'd bought mine around '89 as a student from a second hand shop for 90 great british pounds - digital was big so people were dumping their old analogs i guess... fiddled around with it for a couple of years then sold it to a mate for the same as i paid, as i, as a poor student, needed some cash... oh well

• Like 1