Iris 2 @ JRRshop $24.36

husker

16 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, get it. Over 10GB of contents and an amazing spectral engine. Best price ever. 

When I bought this from Plugin Boutique 3 years ago, all I got was the main instrument installation file. No 10 GB of contents. Any idea where I can get that?

Just now, John Maar said:

When I bought this from Plugin Boutique 3 years ago, all I got was the main instrument installation file. No 10 GB of contents. Any idea where I can get that?

Should be in your account, or use the Izotope Installer.  It should be there
also

Yup! Wonder what I paid for it 3 years ago?

Now all I have to do is figure out how to shut it up.

Pick a patch. Play one note. The background modulations keep right on modulating (on the standalone version). I hate to say this, but I'm going to have to read the manual.

EDIT: I paid just under £40, whatever that was in US$ (about $50 now). So, this is a freakin' bargain!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

I don't use it as much as I should in actual tunes because when "in the zone"  it's so deep and I tend towards more instant gratification so as not to lose writing momentum, but it's a fabulous and fascinating thing to play with and for anybody into synths looking at this and maybe sitting on the do I really need another synth fence, it's a total no brainer at this price level.

Update on the background mods...

I just remembered that my FaderPort sends regular keep-alive messages. I checked the Help PDF (OMG, did he just RTFM?) and found the unhelpful note that the standalone version provides NO MIDI configuration support. They say to use your OS MIDI app, and then cite the Mac. As in: F' you, Win users! So, unable to filter MIDI inputs messages for the standalone version. It is, for me, unusable.

However the VST2 version works great in Gig Performer. The VST3 version immediately hard-crashed GP when instantiated, so I won't be using that either.

At least the VST2 version appears to function well.

This is OLD code, and I doubt we'll ever see another update.

At least I can use it.

46 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Update on the background mods...

I just remembered that my FaderPort sends regular keep-alive messages. I checked the Help PDF (OMG, did he just RTFM?) and found the unhelpful note that the standalone version provides NO MIDI configuration support. They say to use your OS MIDI app, and then cite the Mac. As in: F' you, Win users! So, unable to filter MIDI inputs messages for the standalone version. It is, for me, unusable.

However the VST2 version works great in Gig Performer. The VST3 version immediately hard-crashed GP when instantiated, so I won't be using that either.

At least the VST2 version appears to function well.

This is OLD code, and I doubt we'll ever see another update.

At least I can use it.

MIDI-OX might be able to help you. It has MIDI filtering and mapping. http://www.midiox.com/

Filter Window

This window allows you to select which MIDI messages, if any, are filtered from the display. You can also toggle whether or not to strip out the filtered messages from the outgoing data stream

Whenever I see this deal come up I get tempted but then remember the reviews I've read reporting very high CPU usage. I assume a tool like this would be CPU intensive, and the result may vary based on hardware, but as a general question does anyone use this in projects along with a number of other synths and fx without much issue?

2 minutes ago, rcklln said:

Whenever I see this deal come up I get tempted but then remember the reviews I've read reporting very high CPU usage. I assume a tool like this would be CPU intensive, and the result may vary based on hardware, but as a general question does anyone use this in projects along with a number of other synths and fx without much issue?

It can be a bit of a CPU muncher when there's a lot going on. IIRC some patches do warn of this and there is an option to run cpu friendlier version of it. Personally, I just freeze the synth track when I'm done so it's just another audio track from that point. Easy enough to unfreeze if any changes are required.

• Thanks 1

I have seen some heavy CPU use with some patches. That is a known issue that is addressed in the user guide, and there are some workarounds. Freezing is probably the most effective way to deal with it in a mix, as well as maxing out your audio buffers if you are done recording.

But I am still running an Intel i3 dual core from 2012 and only experience slight glitches with heavy patches. So I would assume a newer CPU would do far better!

• Thanks 1