Lady Luck - 53mph

X-53mph

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted a song. Once again I'm trying to get a track over the finish line. It's so nearly there. This is the mix straight out of Cakewalk, no mastering yet.

Any advice warmly received. Cheers guys.

Quick note: as Wookie said, some of the themes and language in the song may offend. I want to stress that I wrote this song many years ago, it is in no way connected to current world events. The story played out in the song is influenced by a 1970s film called Badlands staring Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek. I'm sorry if it may offend some, however, I think we're all grown ups. 😉

Edited by Philip G Hunt
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

So where do you think it’s lacking?

t

An engineer friend in the US, who listened to an earlier mix, said the bass needed taming, solo needed highering to same sonic level as vox. Also I recently added some extra guitar to the intro to beef up the sound.

I don't know if it's lacking. More a case of, does anything sound off?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I have to ask @Philip G Hunt what drums are you using? I like the song but there is something about the drums, especially in the opening.

On a side note it might be worth mentioning that it contains language that may offend some.

Hmmm, the drums come from a very early drum pack in Dropzone with either Sonar or Projects. 

What is it that you're not sure about the drums?

22 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Hmmm, the drums come from a very early drum pack in Dropzone with either Sonar or Projects. 

What is it that you're not sure about the drums?

It could just be me, I had spent several hours working with a Superior Drummer 3's, Rooms of Hansa, Marble room kit, which are quite lively and bright,  prior to listening to your track. The result was the kit sounded a little boxy and flat to my furry ears. 

If you are happy then that is all that really matters. Your music your choices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

track it....that is a real nice song, production, vox....the whole shebang....my personal taste would change the solo guitar to clean with no, or very little distortion, take some reverb off the vox and maybe edit out a verse or two to shorten the length....enjoy listening to it as is 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

The final track will be playing on internet radio stations next week.

The following station sent me the airing dates and times, for anyone who wants to support indie music: 

The Indie Jukebox show will be aired this coming Monday 13th June at 6 - 7pm BST (i.e. 1pm EST, 10am PST) & Thursday 16th June 8pm EST/5pm PT (i.e. 1am Friday BST). Be sure to spread the word and join in the fun!

The full line-up includes: John Kelham, Elio Mardini, gIlad, Martina & The C, Man At Q And M, Glenn Reeve, JUDENJAY, Steve Bonham and The Long Road, 53mph, Dreamin' Out Loud Entertainment, GENIIE BOY, Laini Colman, Rick Romes & Sweet Randi Love and The Love Thang Band Featuring Jack Spade with Ike Turner JR.

You can catch the show at radiowigwam.co.uk, SmartSpeaker, TuneIn etc..