Plugin Boutique June FREE with Purchase Plugin

cclarry

26 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

What's the difference with the real Playbeat? 

Knowing PB, they'll offer an upgrade from Playbeat Lite to the full version next month 

I am looking for the differences too...
Beat Magazine May 2022, gives Playbeat Lite too
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/94-eBook/8912-Beat-Magazine-196-May-2022?a_aid=4af297e055206

2 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

I am looking for the differences too...
Beat Magazine May 2022, gives Playbeat Lite too
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/94-eBook/8912-Beat-Magazine-196-May-2022?a_aid=4af297e055206

better double check that, I thought software and samples can  only be downloaded if you have an digital subscription with Beat  directly.  

They've changed this since March.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

better double check that, I thought software and samples can  only be downloaded if you have an digital subscription with Beat  directly.  

They've changed this since March.

The blurb page at PB says that it comes with Playbeat Lite....

I'll probably get some trinket or other. I thought it might be iZotope RX9 Essentials, but as it turns out there is no RX9 Essentials, it's RX8 Essentials. PB are kinda coy, they call it "RX Essentials." I have Rx7 Essentials, and the Editor was updated for 8. Whether it was a $10 update remains to be seen in my demoing of it.

9 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

How many beat making apps does one need?

Depends on how satisfied one is with what one already has, I suppose. I haven't looked that deeply into Playbeat Lite, but lately my favorite drum machine sound has been the DMX, which I get by loading one shots into Sitala. If Playbeat Lite has a better-sounding DMX and/or a more pleasing UI, then getting it and an updated RX Editor for $10 is a happy deal. Price of a meal at Jack-in-the-Box.

FWIW, I passed on the most recent PB freebie and maybe the one before that. Whatever the Antares thing was. I keep a couple of $5-10 items in my wishlist in case I want the add-on. They're all things I want, but not urgently. All in good fun.

My strategy once I decided that this was a serious enough hobby to put some money into was to (via the best deals possible) acquire a variety in the different categories I was interested in, then stick to the faves. I'm still looking for a drum machine, and always on the lookout for weirdifiers. Really, though, I have a pretty deep bench in weirdifiers, especially with Audio Damage releasing their legacy line as freeware. Still a sucker for a pretty Glitchmachine!

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have a suggestion for a cheap thing to buy on PB now to get this?

I found a GlitchMachine sample pack for $5, but then I discoverered I already have it!

Per the Audiomodern site:

Playbeat Lite is a fully functional Lite version of Playbeat, which works seamlessly with the Playbeat expansions

https://audiomodern.com/playbeat-packs/

Available Features with the Full Version:

• Load your Own Sounds
• Drag and drop any sample to the Sequencers & Sample Slots
• Send MIDI to any Device, Plugin or Hardware

Also, you can upgrade to the full version for €19.00.  EDIT:  No you can’t 

Playbeat is a very interesting drum program IMHO.  I think all the Audiomodern music creation tools have some unique approaches.
For example, there's no question in my mind that Scaler 2 is "better" than Chordjam.  But Chordjam does a lot of very musically useful things that scaler 2 doesn't do.  For me, it would be a useful addition at the same price. 

And I could see Playbeat as possibly a nice addition to XO.  But it is pretty interesting in its own right.  

Riffer is the only one that doesn't really interest me as I never have difficulty creating my own melodies.   I do like the way certain of these MIDI creation tools from various companies help you find chord patterns you wouldn't normally find and unusual arpeggios.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anybody have a suggestion for a cheap thing to buy on PB now to get this?

I found a GlitchMachine sample pack for $5, but then I discoverered I already have it!

Per the Audiomodern site:

Playbeat Lite is a fully functional Lite version of Playbeat, which works seamlessly with the Playbeat expansions

https://audiomodern.com/playbeat-packs/

Available Features with the Full Version:

• Load your Own Sounds
• Drag and drop any sample to the Sequencers & Sample Slots
• Send MIDI to any Device, Plugin or Hardware

Also, you can upgrade to the full version for €19.00.

Playbeat is a very interesting drum program IMHO.  I think all the Audiomodern music creation tools have some unique approaches.
For example, there's no question in my mind that Scaler 2 is "better" than Chordjam.  But Chordjam does a lot of very musically useful things that scaler 2 doesn't do.  For me, it would be a useful addition at the same price. 

And I could see Playbeat as possibly a nice addition to XO.  But it is pretty interesting in its own right.  

Riffer is the only one that doesn't really interest me as I never have difficulty creating my own melodies.   I do like the way certain of these MIDI creation tools from various companies help you find chord patterns you wouldn't normally find and unusual arpeggios.

Thanks for the link!!! :)

About PB, you can get some software between 4€-6€, but honestly I think you will get something that you won't use, and if you spend 4€-6€ more you will get something better that you could use in the future

Is my point of view and is that I do normally

@Reid Rosefelt one question

When you purchase some product on PB and get Playbeat Lite, you don't receive any serial or authorization code... so, I think that is not possible to upgrade Playbeat Lite to the complete version

The upgrade version is for version 1 or 2 owners, but they does not say anything about the Lite version... or do I am missing anything?

I think that I am going to write to the support people of Audiomodern asking them...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

I have the reply from Audiomodern and they sent me a code to get a 30% off, but not to get it by 19€
So  the final price to upgrade from the Lite version to the final version, is 48€ 😢

Yes, I got it wrong.  It's 19€ to upgrade from a previous version of full Playbeat, not Playbeat Lite.     Thanks for clearing that up. @Niky Serrano

• Like 1