IK SampleTank 4 KRAZY Deal!

cclarry

I wouldn't bother unless going for the ST4 MAX at $199.

I have ST4 MAX and that's where more of the good stuff is, for example 200 GB of all new ST4 samples, vs. 70 GB of all new ST4 samples in the standard version.

More Basses, more Brass, more Acoustic Guitars, the Red Strat Electric Guitar, more Percussion, more Strings, more Woodwinds, the SampleTank 3 Premium Instrument and Drum Collections, and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE. The only downside is they stuff MAX full of some basic synth instruments, which is pretty redundant if you already have Syntronik.

See for yourself, compare versions >>> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_comparison.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I wouldn't bother unless going for the ST4 MAX at $199.

I have ST4 MAX and that's where more of the good stuff is, for example 200 GB of all new ST4 samples, vs. 70 GB of all new ST4 samples in the standard version.

More Basses, more Brass, more Acoustic Guitars, the Red Strat Electric Guitar, more Percussion, more Strings, more Woodwinds, the SampleTank 3 Premium Instrument and Drum Collections, and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE. The only downside is they stuff MAX full of some basic synth instruments, which is pretty redundant if you already have Syntronik.

See for yourself, compare versions >>> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_comparison.pdf

I concur.  I got MAX in a promotion and SE from the latest group buy (I ran out of stuff to get).  I install SE for the smaller footprint and selected standalone addons (mainly pianos) from MAX that I use.

Keep in mind that the newest libraries (like Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik) aren’t included in MAX (anything released after MAX).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

Just a note if any of you use pitch bend ranges in ST4, there is a bug in the latest version (4.20) where on patches that use the ST4 engine, the  pitch bend range is double what you have actually dialled in on the edit screen.

If pitch bend ranges are important, then I recommend using Version 4.16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ALC said:

Keep in mind that the newest libraries (like Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik) aren’t included in MAX (anything released after MAX).

Right, but you do get all of these (in ST4 MAX) extra libraries for ST3 that were released after ST3 MAX...

• ALAN PARSONS IMPERIAL GRAND
  • AMERICAN ACOUSTIC
  • ART DECO PIANO
  • BILLY COBHAM DRUMS
  • BRANDENBURG PIANO
  • CINEMATIC PERCUSSION
  • FUTURE SYNTHS
  • HUGH PADGHAM DRUMS
  • LONDON GROOVES
  • NEIL PEART DRUMS
  • ORCHESTRAL PERCUSSION
  • TERRY BOZZIO DRUMS

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

And for those considering SampleTank 4 MAX, you may want to check out the current Total Studio 3.5 MAX deal... or wait for the next TS MAX version to come out which should include more of the recently released products (3.5 does not include them).

$199 for the TS 3.5 MAXgrade, good through June 30th. Log into your account to see what you qualify for.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=12656

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

And for those considering SampleTank 4 MAX, you may want to check out the current Total Studio 3.5 MAX deal... or wait for the next TS MAX version to come out which should include more of the recently released products (3.5 does not include them).

$199 for the TS 3.5 MAXgrade, good through June 30th. Log into your account to see what you qualify for.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=12656

Too bad my promotional SampleTank 4 MAX doesn't count for the MAXgrade.

17 minutes ago, ALC said:

Too bad my promotional SampleTank 4 MAX doesn't count for the MAXgrade.

It should.  From what promotion did you get SampleTank 4 MAX free?  Even if free like a group buy choice (though ST4 MAX has not been in a group buy) it should qualify you.  If you mean you paid a lower price for it, then it would of course still qualify.

• Like 1

I have a question I'm asking here because this is where those who use ST4 go. I have  ST4 MAX as part of Total Studio MAX 3.5.

My question is, how do you best organize all of these files? What I wish they would do and what they actually do are two different things. I WISH IK had a global plugin called Total Studio Max and all files would automatically install under it. To refine further the designations could be better, for instance classify a loop area and put all loop associated packages into it.

Sampletank 4 is similar in that it doesn't have a very guided locations process for installations. Basically ST4 Max is the head program or the global program. The shell and main command center for everything else.  And this is what makes Total Studio confusing as a product because if you buy it there isn't that specific title to download. Instead there is just a collection of products under that umbrella. It's up to me to figure out all of the products that are included. 

Several things I can tell they have improved on are the download process through the new License manager as well as the well laid out meta data cataloging system. Once I finally get all of my products installed it isn't terrible hard to find what I'm after. 

Several things still continue to make the process confusing. For instance I was attempting to download and install MODO drums last night and could not determine if they are stand alone or go inside of ST4?  I had the same problem with MODO bass. I am able to load it apart from ST4 so it seems more of an independent program from ST4 yet there is nothing telling me any of this? What happens if I loaded the files inside of the ST4 sound folders? 

The LM lets you designate a file location and when I checked those files it looks like the files are still zipped? The LM says they were 'installed' I find this confusing.

If a person does not check the red under the designated product showing in the ST4 search area that product will not be a part of the search, so if I search 'piano' and I don't have a particular piano selected none of those sounds show up. 

I have files all over the place on my system and was just wondering how you guys set your up to avoid a lot of these issues?

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It should.  From what promotion did you get SampleTank 4 MAX free?  Even if free like a group buy choice (though ST4 MAX has not been in a group buy) it should qualify you.  If you mean you paid a lower price for it, then it would of course still qualify.

I purchased a iRig Keys I/O 49 to get SampleTank 4 MAX free back in December, 2019.  TS 3.5 shows $399.99 for me.  Do I understand correctly that any MAX product qualifies one for the MAXgrade?

38 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Several things still continue to make the process confusing. For instance I was attempting to download and install MODO drums last night and could not determine if they are stand alone or go inside of ST4?  I had the same problem with MODO bass. I am able to load it apart from ST4 so it seems more of an independent program from ST4 yet there is nothing telling me any of this? What happens if I loaded the files inside of the ST4 sound folders? 

I just use the IK Product Manager to let me know what to install. All of the products registered in my account appear with their current status, such as installed.

Here is an attempt to organize my thinking about the overall package... :)

There are 3 main TS 3.5 MAX programs that are "containers" (available as standalone or plugin):

• SampleTank 4
  • Amplitube 5
  • T-RackS 5 (the modules can also be used individually as plugins)

SampleTank 4 MAX: Contains all of the sample based instruments, including Syntronik and Miroslav.

AmpliTube 5 MAX:  Contains 14 brand and artist collections and all 4 new virtual X-GEAR pedals, all benefiting from the latest breakthroughs in modeling technology. This massive collection offers over 400 ultra-realistic amps and FX to build your own unique sound, and over 2,500 included artist presets.

T-RackS 5 MAX: contains new modules like FAME Studio Reverb, Comprexxor and the TASCAM Tape Collection. You also get ARC 3, the advanced acoustic room correction system and Lurssen Mastering Console, plus all of the current T-RackS modules.

The other separate programs (also available as standalone or plugins):

• Hammond B-3X
  • MODO DRUM
  • Syntronik 2 (also in ST4)
  • MODO BASS
  • Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (also in ST4)
  • MixBox
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Thanks @abacab

From an organizational perspective this helps. 👍

I'm attempting to juggle hard drive space to make all of this fit and work efficiently. I only want what is supposed to go inside of ST4 to go into it.

The Hammond and the MODO's don't require much disk space, and they are some of the best instruments that IK makes. The MODO drum has sampled cymbals, but the rest of the kit is modeled.

MixBox is light too, and some of the best FX you will find in 1 rack!!!

• Like 1