EZ Bass MIDI 6 Pack

cclarry

56 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Fortunately I still have a single EZBass MIDI serial (individually bought previously) in case they come out with a new one before Thomann gets this resolved.

You're lucky. Otherwise you would have only all the other Toontrack products in their catalog to make music 😉

• Great Idea 1

24 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

heres to hoping I can hold on to those serials until TT release some new packs in near future.

It's always worked that way for EZDrummer, EZKeys MIDI packs and EZMix modules for me. I've no reason to think it would not work for EZBass MIDI too.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I guess I will check TT forums too.. but thought i would ask, what are peoples fav MIDI packs so far? Or better yet, which ones were unexpectedly better than expected.

what are peoples thoughts on

Rock Basics
Singer Songwriter 

Americana

Well all 3 of those EZbass packs have counterparts in the EZkeys MIDI packs that were created in tandem so they should work together. I have the Singer Songwriter and Americana bass/keys packs, but haven't used them a lot yet. On my to-do list... :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well all 3 of those EZbass packs have counterparts in the EZkeys MIDI packs that were created in tandem so they should work together. I have the Singer Songwriter and Americana bass/keys packs, but haven't used them a lot yet. On my to-do list... :)

I see. so are we to assume the Americana expansion also includes the Americana MIDI library? Just in case I decide to get the expansion at a later date. No point wasting a code on the MIDI..

9 hours ago, Scott H said:

I bought the EZBass midi 6 pack with Thomann today. I received the email with my serial numbers in under 30 seconds.  I've got my sights on Urban Jazz and Detroit Soul for my first two midi packs.

I personally liked Detroit Soul. I picked up Rock and Americana. Playing around with them now.

Update: After a little experimenting last nite,  my comments are, I still find the sound of MODO bass better. (I don't have any EXBass expansions) But the best sounds for  my needs are, I export the Bass DI as a wave from EZbass and then load it into a DAW and add AT5 bass amp sim. It really sounds good.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

15 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I export the Bass DI as a wave from EZbass and then load it into a DAW and add AT5 bass amp sim.

I always add a bass sim to EZB. In CWbB it's just a matter of placing the sim in the fx rack of the audio output of the sim.

• Like 1

A good price, to be certain. IIRC, it has been this price (+/-$5) for awhile now.

Probably a good deal for "newer" ebx's, and I may yet breakdown and purchase that.

Nonetheless, I am holding out hope that this BF/CM TT will finally put some of the "older" ebx's on sale, for a price even lower than this. 

A penguin can dream . . .

Edited by Bad Penguin

On 6/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, Scott H said:

I bought the EZBass midi 6 pack with Thomann today. I received the email with my serial numbers in under 30 seconds.  I've got my sights on Urban Jazz and Detroit Soul for my first two midi packs.

So did you get the Soul and Jazz midi exps? Thoughts on them? I am also considering the R&B Contemporary one.

Also, sharing my little spreadsheet in case it helps others. Not sure it it actually matters, but this is what I have been looking at.

name                                      release date
-----------------------------------------------------
Basic Rock  4/4   6/8        12th April 2022
Urban Jazz 4/4                  5th April 2022
Modern Pop                        22nd March 2022  
Americana    4/4   3/4     1st February 2022
Detroit Soul  4/4  6/8     8th February 2022
Acoustic Songwriter       28th September 2021
Singer Songwriter            25th May 2021
Modern Funk                      11th May 2021
Contemporary R&B        13th April 2021
Gospel    4/4    6/8             30th March 2021