BFD = CFA

kitekrazy

I think I'm done with anything under In Music.   I replaced a drive that had my BFD library and says authorizations reached.  Plenty of hits on that error.

BFD = Cluster *****ed Authorization.

Never buy.

I'm at the point of not supporting products that have their messed up product managers. 

Too much stuff out there with less hassles.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I am in a similar place. The most infuriating thing is if I open an old project with BFD 3 and have to re-authorise, the instance loses all of its kit and mixer settings.

I also have to reinstall all the expansions on a regular basis. They really broke it well and don’t seem in a hurry to fix it.

No other software / plugin is like this. I am exploring other options for drums now. 

• Great Idea 1

Yeah. Great drum sounds. Very challenging implementation. I’m going to set aside a weekend in the near future to see if I can get it working properly. If not, it’s “bye-bye”. Time is not just money…it’s peace of mind.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I think I'm done with anything under In Music.   I replaced a drive that had my BFD library and says authorizations reached.  Plenty of hits on that error.

BFD = Cluster *****ed Authorization.

Never buy.

I'm at the point of not supporting products that have their messed up product managers. 

Too much stuff out there with less hassles.

I had a similar issue. I moved files to another drive. Most programs will allow moving libraries if you keep the program on C drive.I simply point to a new library location.

Not BFD 3.  

• Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I had a similar issue. I moved files to another drive. Most programs will allow moving libraries if you keep the program on C drive.I simply point to a new library location.

Not BFD 3.  

Don't know about BFD 3, but usually even the stubborn ones still work if you move the sound files and leave a symbolic directory link where it used to be (I used to do this with VST3s). I have encountered a few (non-music) programs that will fail even with this trick though.

• Like 2

The built in kill switch now 'graciously' set to 90 days apparently includes a timout reset (kinda like CW?) to avoid deactivation when away from internet access, but is just the initial slap in the face. What happens to your investment when their servers screw up, program bugs manifest themselves or (heaven forbid!), they go out of business? That investment includes -all- of your mixed and archived sessions which frankly, represents way more $$ than a few expansions.

The relaunch (over a year ago) is classic bait-and-switch. I'm sure most of their loyal fanbase was thrilled to see signs of life and upgraded in good faith based on the past quality and rep of the core team, only find out it was InMusic in FXpansion clothing who have confirmed their rather poor reputation by wasting countless hours of their users time with a complete CF of an "update". Apologies for the 'drama', but as InMusic is HQ'd in the US, the investment made here in FXpansion prior to the InMusic qualifies as a felony in 49/50 states. And they've done absolutely nothing to fix many (any?) of the bugs or improve features, let alone increase any confidence in using this on any future projects. 

Continuing to beat a dead rotting horse is a waste of time and energy.  

1. Standard practice now mandates rendering all drum tracks to wav files prior to any mixing on every project. Still thinking about the best/most efficient way to do this,  sort out bounce vs freezing/exporting/reimporting tracks (nested folders should help).

2. Planning to render and resave archived projects in order to preserve the effort invested in them.  

3. Looking for alternatives. SD3 is the only candidate on the radar atm. Never got on with SD2, looking for an opportunity to check SD3 out in depth, will most ;likely have to buy it and try it as there is no demo. Nobody I work with uses it...

It's unfortunate, first that pirating apparently led to this scenario and now driving similar trends, i.e. KIT plugins absolutely require an active internet connection to work. Good stuff, but = a hard pass on anything that compromises the ability to use it. Can ony hope the market  eventually delivers up a better alternative. Perhaps Melda or PA will take this on as a growth opportunity. They don't seem to have any issues with their DRM. 

15 minutes ago, Bapu said:

ToonTrack for one.

Not really.  EZD 2 wont install on one system because the registry locks out the installer.  There are no options to fix this.   Sometimes these programs do an enormous amount of registry entries.

• Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, jackson white said:

The built in kill switch now 'graciously' set to 90 days apparently includes a timout reset (kinda like CW?) to avoid deactivation when away from internet access, but is just the initial slap in the face. What happens to your investment when their servers screw up, program bugs manifest themselves or (heaven forbid!), they go out of business? That investment includes -all- of your mixed and archived sessions which frankly, represents way more $$ than a few expansions.

The relaunch (over a year ago) is classic bait-and-switch. I'm sure most of their loyal fanbase was thrilled to see signs of life and upgraded in good faith based on the past quality and rep of the core team, only find out it was InMusic in FXpansion clothing who have confirmed their rather poor reputation by wasting countless hours of their users time with a complete CF of an "update". Apologies for the 'drama', but as InMusic is HQ'd in the US, the investment made here in FXpansion prior to the InMusic qualifies as a felony in 49/50 states. And they've done absolutely nothing to fix many (any?) of the bugs or improve features, let alone increase any confidence in using this on any future projects. 

Continuing to beat a dead rotting horse is a waste of time and energy.  

1. Standard practice now mandates rendering all drum tracks to wav files prior to any mixing on every project. Still thinking about the best/most efficient way to do this,  sort out bounce vs freezing/exporting/reimporting tracks (nested folders should help).

2. Planning to render and resave archived projects in order to preserve the effort invested in them.  

3. Looking for alternatives. SD3 is the only candidate on the radar atm. Never got on with SD2, looking for an opportunity to check SD3 out in depth, will most ;likely have to buy it and try it as there is no demo. Nobody I work with uses it...

It's unfortunate, first that pirating apparently led to this scenario and now driving similar trends, i.e. KIT plugins absolutely require an active internet connection to work. Good stuff, but = a hard pass on anything that compromises the ability to use it. Can ony hope the market  eventually delivers up a better alternative. Perhaps Melda or PA will take this on as a growth opportunity. They don't seem to have any issues with their DRM. 

Unfortunately this increases it. 

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Not really.  EZD 2 wont install on one system because the registry locks out the installer.  There are no options to fix this.   Sometimes these programs do an enormous amount of registry entries.

I have the entire ToonTrack productline up through EZD3 on a PC and a MacPro 2012. Never had that problem. Sounds like a one off (to me) although a big one off to you I'm sure.

I will admit that once on the Mac I had EZD2 kit that would not update. Lasted for about three weeks and with no changes to my system one day it worked. IIRC it Latin Perc. And again it was only on the Mac, the PC was fine.

16 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I replaced a drive that had my BFD library and says authorizations reached. 

5 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Not BFD 3.  

I am trying to cleanup my Sample drive after the lastest IK GB. BFD, 9which doesn't get used much) is taking up a lot of space. So I started to move those folders to another drive and I remebered reading these posts.

Would a uninstall and reinstall be a workaround? Opinions?

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have the entire ToonTrack productline up through EZD3 on a PC and a MacPro 2012. Never had that problem. Sounds like a one off (to me) although a big one off to you I'm sure.

I will admit that once on the Mac I had EZD2 kit that would not update. Lasted for about three weeks and with no changes to my system one day it worked. IIRC it Latin Perc. And again it was only on the Mac, the PC was fine.

It didn't uninstall correctly.  It was odd.  If there were only a demo of EZD 3 I could see if that solves it.

50 minutes ago, Grem said:

I am trying to cleanup my Sample drive after the lastest IK GB. BFD, 9which doesn't get used much) is taking up a lot of space. So I started to move those folders to another drive and I remebered reading these posts.

Would a uninstall and reinstall be a workaround? Opinions?

Remove BFD and never install it again.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1