Magnetic Reel-to-Reel Audio Tape Warmer by Nomad Factory

cclarry

I prefer Softube's Tape plugin. As a Studio One user, I can also take advantage of the Tape Multitrack MixFX plugin, which is included with Tape.

FWIW, Tape has three different tape machine emulations.

"Type A is based on a classic Swiss high end reel-to-reel machine, known and loved for its precision and linearity. Type B is much more colorful — it's a transformer based machine which adds extra weight and cream to the low end. Lastly, Type C is based on a British tape machine with a distinct vintage vibe."

I have licenses for their Analog Rack and Bus Driver plugins, but installed neither on my new DAW. Those plugins are OLD, and I was concerned about functionality with the current and future versions of Windows.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

Hello John,

yes the Nomad bus driver and the analog rack are very old items, magnetic 2 is  " new" .

There are multiple tape machine Vst´s ( Slate Digital VTM, Soundtoys Decapitator´,  Softube Dirty Tape) in my box,  I havent been

aware of the  PresonusTape Multitrack MixFX  , I will check it out.

IMO Magnetic 2 is giving more  rough tape sound (good for HardRock ) as any  other plugin.

By the way, Studio One Artist is til now the only DAW , which fits my needs as good as CBB does .

Thanks for that.

Edited by Pragi