Reason Devices do not play back when recording. (A Problem and Solution)

conwayt

Hi,

I've discovered a problem in Cakewalk that occurs when using a rewire device, in my case it's Reason and specifically the NN-XT sampler.

I have Cakewalk set up to record some vocals to a stereo audio track, the vocals are sung to a midi track being sent to the NN-XT sampler loaded with the default B GrandPiano.  I have a 1 bar count in set up in Preferences->Metronome.

When I hit the spacebar to just playback the song the piano plays fine but when I arm an audio track and hit R to record the piano does not play.  The recording is working but I cant hear the piano that I'm singing along to which makes things a bit difficult. (Apologies if this has been reported before, despite searching I cant fine an answer).

If I turn off the 1 bar count in and hit R to record the piano plays back fine and, as before, I can record ok.

Turning the 1 bar count in back on disables the rewire piano again so the issue is repeatable.

I'm assuming this is a bug in the implementation of the rewire protocol. Is anyone else able to duplicate this and how can I report it to Bandlab for a fix?

Thanks in advance.