Any Focusrite Users Having Issues with the latest Driver update?

Hello Cakewalk family,
I am having some issues after updating my Scarlett 4i4 to the latest drivers.
Nothing like having your audio drivers blow up on you during a livestream and I have tried resolving it for the past few days, and of course it had to be during a long weekend.

Long story short, I have always been able to run OBS using the ASIO plugin at the same time running Cakewalk which allows me to have mic and virtual instruments going to OBS through the Loopback, never had an issue in over two years of having this setup.

After updating the driver, things have made an ugly turn.

I start OBS first and then when starting Cakewalk I get an error that no audio drivers can be found:

644380734_CakewalkLaunch-NoAudioDrivers.thumb.png.2fd689041c5689326f1b97d297d424ff.png

So I try to do it the other way around and start Cakewalk first and then OBS.
Things seem to be working as they had been in the past UNTIl, I try adding or removing a virtual instrument or even change the buffer size in the Focusrite ASIO settings. When I try any of that the drivers disappear and I lose audio.

I rolled back to the previous version and things were fine until I tried upgrading again and then reverting back.
It now seems that the older driver version is doing the same thing whereas it had not behaved in this way before.

I would love to get any feedback to see if anyone else have experienced anything strange after updating.
I have submitted a ticket to Focusrite as well, so hopefully I can figure out what went wrong.

Thanks for the help!
Joyfully,
Simeon

Cakewalk Launched First - Audio Drivers Selection.png

1 hour ago, charles kasler said:

I updated the driver and lost my FX chain presets and I think some of my FX as well. I wrote to tech support and they said that couldn't happen from a driver update. I went back to the previous driver anyway and that fixed the problem.

Charles, what version are you on now?
Using the latest version definitely is messing with ASIO in some strange way.
Adding/Removing tracks and even changing the buffer size causes the driver to disconnect.

Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of what might be causing these issues.

+1 one of my piano synths is throwing an ASIO driver cannot be found error - it's a new VST so I thought it was the software, now reconsidering. Perhaps I will have to try regressing the driver for my Gen 1 2i4

Andy

I would be curious to see a screenshot of your Preferences/Audio/ Sync Caching page. What shows as the device?  Reason I say this is I noticed you have Voicemeeter installed. I would totally remove that from your system. It’s very possible that it is conflicting with your Focusrite driver. You don’t need it if the 8i6 has loopback. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

UPDATE
I am now on the newest 3.10 drivers and things seem to be in a much better position.

The issue seems to be on some sort of conflict with using the ASIO Plugin for OBS (https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio)
I had been using it without any issues as the thinking was to benefit for some possible performance gains using ASIO, with the new drivers it was causing a problem. I removed Voicemeeter along with the ASIO OBS plugin and selecting the Loopback Driver in OBS, which I think is using WDM.

Hopefully things will remain stable and the new driver update will provide some added stability and performance.
When you are doing low latency livetreams like I do, you need to eek out as much performance and CPU resources as possible.

Thanks to everyone for their help and feedback.

Joyfully,

Simeon

• Like 1