I can't find my PC2A Leveller prochannel module, what happed to it?

DengSiyang

As shown in the picture, Cakewalk by bandlab should have these prochannel modules since they were shown on the official website, but about few months ago I found the PC2A leveller disappered, I don't know if bandlab has removed it or I deleted it by mistake. Is there any methods to install it back?😢

By the way, can Cakewalk by bandlab bring those fantastic prochannel effects like +10 dB and concrete limiter back?

image.png

Edited by DengSiyang

23 minutes ago, PawneeLou said:

Hello,

On the prochannel, we have the PC2A Leveler.

Don't you ?

image.png.bb044d2438a725712b6712aba7043893.png

No, I don't have it. I've updated my cakewalk to the recent version of early access, but the PC2A still can't be found.

As far as I know you would have to login to Sonar Platinum or the old Sonar website and download the Command Center. There is still everything you have bought from Cakewalk and you can still download almost everything..

Edited by Danny Miller

56 minutes ago, Danny Miller said:

As far as I know you would have to login to Sonar Platinum or the old Sonar website and download the Command Center. There is still everything you have bought from Cakewalk and you can still download almost everything..

Thanks for your help! but I'm not a sonar platinum user before, didn't buy anything for sonar. Is there anyway else to install it back? 

Unless you purchased and installed the CA/2A as a Prochannel add on for SONAR Platinum it can't be used or won't be listed in channel's VST FX bin as a standalone VST plugin. It can only be used as an input channel or buss "Insert".

You should be able to access & add it directly to Prochannel as a simple module by right clicking on the control bar of the PC2A and choose "replace" or on a blank space on top of Prochannel and choose "add" from the dropdown menu.

Edited by Steev

The default path for the PC2A is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier". This folder should contain the dll, chm and a resources folder.

If the files are there, try running a VST reset from preferences. Make sure "Generate Scan Log" is enabled. If the plug-in fails to appear after the reset review the scan log for information about the plug-in.

May need to reinstall the MS runtime libraries. See

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steev said:

Unless you purchased and installed the CA/2A as a Prochannel add on for SONAR Platinum it can't be used or won't be listed in channel's VST FX bin as a standalone VST plugin. It can only be used as an input channel or buss "Insert".

You should be able to access & add it directly to Prochannel as a simple module by right clicking on the control bar of the PC2A and choose "replace" or on a blank space on top of Prochannel and choose "add" from the dropdown menu.

Thank you for your help! I didn't purchase and install the CA/2A, it seems the reason why I can't find it anyway.

12 hours ago, scook said:

The default path for the PC2A is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier". This folder should contain the dll, chm and a resources folder.

If the files are there, try running a VST reset from preferences. Make sure "Generate Scan Log" is enabled. If the plug-in fails to appear after the reset review the scan log for information about the plug-in.

May need to reinstall the MS runtime libraries. See

Thank you for your help! I checked the folder you mentioned, found that the DLL file lost but other resources  like UI pictures are still there. Trying to repair. Really appreciate your help! 

On 5/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, scook said:

The +10 dB PC plug-ins are still available.

They were never free but are paid plug-ins from Boz Digital. Both the +10 dB and Hozer XT bundles regularly go on sale. Currently both bundles may be had for $59.

Thank you for your answer! I know the vst plugin of +10dB seems still available, but can the prochannel module be installed by install the vst plugin of +10dB?I'm looking for the day that +10dB prochannel module could be pre-installed when we install Cakewalk, though it seems unlikely.

Edited by DengSiyang

If you cannot find the PC2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll in a backup, you will need a full CbB installers to get the file back.

AFAIK, unless the plug-in is modified, the dll is not part of an update installer.

If you do not have a full CbB installer for 2021.04 or newer, you will need to perform a simple uninstall/reinstall or rollback to 2021.11 and update to 2022.02 (the full installer is downloaded when updating from 2 releases or older).

2 minutes ago, DengSiyang said:

Thank you for your answer! I know the vst plugin of +10dB seems still available, but is the prochannel module could be installed by install the vst plugin of +10dB?I'm looking for the day that +10dB prochannel module could be pre-installed when we install Cakewalk, though it seems unlikely.

AFAIK, Boz still includes the PC format for these plug-ins. PC modules are modified VST2 plug-ins. In fact, some PC modules actually use the same dll as the the VST2 plug-in (ex. CA-2A).

It is highly unlikely BandLab is going to purchase licenses for these plug-ins and give them away with CbB. Cakewalk never did. The same goes for the paid Softube PC modules.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:53 AM, scook said:

If you cannot find the PC2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll in a backup, you will need a full CbB installers to get the file back.

AFAIK, unless the plug-in is modified, the dll is not part of an update installer.

If you do not have a full CbB installer for 2021.04 or newer, you will need to perform a simple uninstall/reinstall or rollback to 2021.11 and update to 2022.02 (the full installer is downloaded when updating from 2 releases or older).

Thank you very much! I found a 2021.8 installer and performed an uninstall(registry cleaned)/reinstall, which doesn't help the situation, the DLL flie didn't come back. May I need an older version of CbB?

Edited by DengSiyang

On 5/31/2022 at 9:58 AM, scook said:

AFAIK, Boz still includes the PC format for these plug-ins. PC modules are modified VST2 plug-ins. In fact, some PC modules actually use the same dll as the the VST2 plug-in (ex. CA-2A).

It is highly unlikely BandLab is going to purchase licenses for these plug-ins and give them away with CbB. Cakewalk never did. The same goes for the paid Softube PC modules.

Thank you! Though it seems impossible, CbB is still an excellent DAW with its other effects and excellent workflow.