Cold Blues

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

I was going to stop at ten volumes for the Westerly Sessions, but I decided to keep going.  This is a track off of "The Westerly Sessions Volume XI".  On this one, I played my Yamaha AC3M acoustic - and on lead guitar my Gibson SG.  Out of all my electrics, the SG ranks #2 behind my Fender Strat. The SG has a bit of nastiness to it, which I guess is why Angus Young liked it so much - lol.

As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14439743

• Like 3

Another one very well done Douglas . . . got a great chorus going in this one. Always a top notch recording with you . . . edgy guitars that really work, and the drum recording / mixing is spot on . . . somehow you get those crash cymbals sounding very natural and balanced.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, noynekker said:

Another one very well done Douglas . . . got a great chorus going in this one. Always a top notch recording with you . . . edgy guitars that really work, and the drum recording / mixing is spot on . . . somehow you get those crash cymbals sounding very natural and balanced.

Thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated. Regarding the crashes - I have to give credit to AD2 for that - lol.