IK Multimedia Introduces MODO DRUM - Modeled Drums

Reid Rosefelt

As I predicted, IK has taken their Modo Bass concept and transferred it to drums.  More info HERE

Introductory Pre-Order Price is $299.99, after which it will go to $399.99

If you own any IK product of $199.99 or more, you are eligible for a crossgrade price of $199.99
Some people are getting $50 bonus codes--maybe that's for owning Modo Bass.

Edited by Tiger The Frog

I am so grateful to IK for charging so much for this.  If it was $99, I would have bought it.   

The idea appeals to me. When you're working on a mix, this would give you tremendous control.  But not for $299! 

But I understand. They have a lot of development costs in this.  After they sell a bunch, the prisce will go down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The crossgrade price is   €/$199 for anybody who has registered a $99 or up IK product.

Some are getting an additional $50 credit.  Could that be for owning Modo Bass?   If that can be verified, it might make sense to buy Modo Bass, as it's only $118 now as a crossgrade.

For me, with Jam Points it comes down to around $150.  Hmmm....

Edited by Tiger The Frog

From site -

As a special thank you to current owners of IK’s MODO BASS software, those users will also receive an automatic coupon for $/€50 off the Crossgrade version. Just be sure you are logged in on our site and add the item to your cart.

I don’t see any mention of edrum support though :(

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

From site -

As a special thank you to current owners of IK’s MODO BASS software, those users will also receive an automatic coupon for $/€50 off the Crossgrade version. Just be sure you are logged in on our site and add the item to your cart.

I don’t see any mention of edrum support though :(

So... $268 for Modo Bass and Modo Drum.

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

I don't seem to be able to use jampoints with the $50 coupon.  Hopefully that's a bug in the checkout process.  

Really. That would be .... come on!!

Have you sent in a Sales support request?

[edit] Yeah I went to order and there was the automatic $50 Promo already attached. And at the top of the screen it told me "Thank you for shopping with us! You have xx Jam Points! But no place to add the Jam Points. : (  

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

Get this, if you have enough Jam points, you can get $59 off of the crossgrade price of Modo Drums!!

So what's better? The $50 off they add automatically to your order? Or using Jam Points?

I just leave that there!!

[edit] Just got to SMH!

Edited by Grem
  • Great Idea 1

58 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

All my jam points have expired :(

I does sound good, but $299 is way too pricey for me.

If you have a 99.99+ MSRP product registered, you'd qualify for the 199.99 crossgrade pricing.  You can see what you qualify for by logging on to the IK site and visiting https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Are upgrades like AD1>AD2 or AD2>AD3 paid at XLN?

Have no idea since it's been so long. The last update (AD1>AD2) was bundled with Sonar Platinum.

Edited by abacab