Recorded and mixed on Cakewalk (Experimental song)

jeison VAlerio

First off  , welcome to the forum. I think you have a Really Nice one here . You did some Very creative mixing with a nice feel. The problem I'm having is with the "highs" completely disappearing in several sections.  Right off the bat 17 seconds in when the 808 subs come in the highs are lost but come back in a little later. What ever the problem is  , it happens a few times. I don't think they're getting covered up , but sounds like they are getting "removed".  This is a Big problem. Mix wise  I thought the subs were a little hot and the auto tune was a "little "  over used.  Bear in mind this response comes from someone who doesn't produce music in this genre , but  really does appreciate it.             Enjoyed it ..        mark

Welcome @jeison VAlerio I have to agree with Mark here the mix needs some work, first it is way t hot. Whist it is quite popular in the genre to use filter sweeps to empathizes certain frequencies but the high are important especially in a vocal.

Will keep  the furry ears out for the re mix.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, mark skinner said:

First off  , welcome to the forum. I think you have a Really Nice one here . You did some Very creative mixing with a nice feel. The problem I'm having is with the "highs" completely disappearing in several sections.  Right off the bat 17 seconds in when the 808 subs come in the highs are lost but come back in a little later. What ever the problem is  , it happens a few times. I don't think they're getting covered up , but sounds like they are getting "removed".  This is a Big problem. Mix wise  I thought the subs were a little hot and the auto tune was a "little "  over used.  Bear in mind this response comes from someone who doesn't produce music in this genre , but  really does appreciate it.             Enjoyed it ..        mark

Thank you for your insight, I do appreciate it. I did squeeze this sing with the limiter that's what made it so hot, next song I would make sure to not squeeze the limiter so hard. & the highs  was just a sweep used for creative effects to make the song more dynamic.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:13 AM, Wookiee said:

Welcome @jeison VAlerio I have to agree with Mark here the mix needs some work, first it is way t hot. Whist it is quite popular in the genre to use filter sweeps to empathizes certain frequencies but the high are important especially in a vocal.

Will keep  the furry ears out for the re mix.

Yes It sure is hot now that I listen to it. Yea the filter sweeps were just for creative effects. thank u for your input.

Edited by jeison VAlerio