Matrix view question

Eve Ripper

So I'm trying to use Matrix view sometimes to make sketches and arrange loops, clips, etc.

As I remember in Ableton we had something like instrument is not playing anymore if it has launched clip. So If I start midi loop in Matrix view, then if there's a midi events on a track, these things are playing together. Is there a button to mute midi playback in Matrix View?

Then I don't understand you. You say that you want to mute the Matrix View clip so it does not sound at the same time as notes in the midi track that is assigned to the same Matrix View row.  If you mute it you are not using it.

I think he means mute a cell.

There's two approaches to this.

You can either mute the whole row using the mute button, or you can change the latch mode. With latch off, you need to keep the key pressed all the time - so if you want it to stop, just let go of the key.

image.png.69fe2bf79a1395c67c2ab1bfba46b069.png

16 hours ago, JoseC said:

Then I don't understand you. You say that you want to mute the Matrix View clip so it does not sound at the same time as notes in the midi track that is assigned to the same Matrix View row.  If you mute it you are not using it.

No, no.

Example: I have a basic drum track. It's in arrangement. But I think I could use some other midi loops. So I open Matrix View and drop there midi loops to listen. I start to play my arrangement. Drums which are there are playing. Then I choose my midi clips in Matrix View.  So I get sound from original arrangement and it blends with my midi loops. 

Ok, so what you actually need is muting the midi data in Track View while you audition your loops in Matrix View. If you use a single Instrument track you cannot mute it because you also mute the Matrix View output. You would need to split the Instrument track and mute just the midi track that contains the Track View data. Create another midi track pointing to the same instrument and set it up as output for the Matrix View. That way you have two midi tracks that output to your Instrument, and its single (or multiple if needed) audio output track . You just mute the Track view track when you want to audition your loops.

• Thanks 1