When a plugin doesn't remember or save settings ?

noynekker

Hi all . . . I'm having an issue with a plugin that doesn't remember the changes within Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I've never had a plugin not remember setting changes after saving and re-loading a project, so I'm wondering why.

It's a sample pack loaded into Kontakt . . . I tweak some parameters, but whenever I open the project again, it hasn't remembered the changes I made.

All my other plugins remember changes no matter how small.

I've tried saving a preset within Kontakt, but I can't figure a way for the project to automatically load the plugin preset ?

Probably not a Cakewalk or Kontakt issue, maybe just a poorly programmed Kontakt sample pack ? Hard to say.

Has anybody run into this issue ? . . . or know of a workaround, as I use this sample pack a lot, and have to document the parameter changes in each project with pen and pencil, so old school.

This is a known issue, and one that the developers  have been trying to track down and correct. It has been difficult, as it does not happen on every system.

@Noel Borthwick might like to take a look at a .cwb file of your project to see if the developers can track down what is causing the problem, so please Save As in this format. You might be of help to the process of fixing this.

Are you using the very latest version of Cakewalk by BandLab?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

This is a known issue, and one that the developers  have been trying to track down and correct. It has been difficult, as it does not happen on every system.

@Noel Borthwick might like to take a look at a .cwb file of your project to see if the developers can track down what is causing the problem, so please Save As in this format. You might be of help to the process of fixing this.

Are you using the very latest version of Cakewalk by BandLab?

@noynekker  As an add on to  @Starship Krupa 's suggestion, you can attach the cwb file to a support ticket.  You can create a support ticket here:  https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Well some good responses here, thank you. 

Yes, I'm totally up to date on latest Cakewalk by Bandlab (ARA2 is a must have)

@martins . . . I'll try what you suggest in the video, hope that works.

@ Matthew Sorrels . . . agreed, not really a Cakewalk issue . . . I tested in my Cubase and it doesn't remember this plugin's changed settings either.

This particular plugin is not a "proper" Kontakt Library . . . it just loads from the files menu, so I'm suspecting that may have something to do with this issue.

• Thanks 1