La Ballerina (ambient pop music) ****Remixed****

Larry T.

Here is the remix....

....now named "La Ballerina",....observations are welcome (i'll leave the old mix up for awhile):

https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/la-ballerina-ambient-pop-music

515460012_LaBallerina_hubble-30th-arp-273_Small.thumb.jpg.46905c1a0aa1624a48abf71c7db7eaff.jpg

***********************************************************************************************

Original post:

here's the latest....if you have time have a listen and post your observations....cheers!!!!

Ballerina (ambient pop music):

https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/ballerina-ambient-pop-music

supermassive blackhole galaxy.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 4 lite, arturia augmented strings, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike at #creativesauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.
  • Like 2

I suspect @Larry T. This is a nice tune, unfortunately the mix is spoiling it for me. Here at The 4077 it sounds like everything is sitting on top of everything else. Perhaps a revisit to the mix and make some sound staging placement might bring the beauty to the surface.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I suspect @Larry T. This is a nice tune, unfortunately the mix is spoiling it for me. Here at The 4077 it sounds like everything is sitting on top of everything else. Perhaps a revisit to the mix and make some sound staging placement might bring the beauty to the surface.

yes, i wasn't sure if my ears were missing it or what, but I wasn’t sure if this was the best possible mix....Thanks!!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Larry , I Loved the repeating dropped d sounding guitar melody. I especially liked the way you ended the sections with the bending notes. I agree with Wookie about the mix needing some work , but I'm not sure what I would start with . Being a guitarist I'd probably keep the guitars up front with more ambient processing , and bring the other instruments in and out. I'd also try dropping the ending and do a fade out with a repeating guitar section. Still .. a Very nice song.   When I think I've heard everything that can be done with a dropped d guitar , someone comes along with a nice one like this .. 

I Very much enjoyed it ..  mark

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:18 AM, jack c. said:

less verb on track.beautiful.jack c.

yes, i went crazy with the reverb....had it almost every track just to see what it would sound like....and the answer is....sounds terrible....Thanks for the compliment on the song itself!!!! 🎶🎵🎼🔊

On 5/27/2022 at 10:47 AM, mark skinner said:

Larry , I Loved the repeating dropped d sounding guitar melody. I especially liked the way you ended the sections with the bending notes. I agree with Wookie about the mix needing some work , but I'm not sure what I would start with . Being a guitarist I'd probably keep the guitars up front with more ambient processing , and bring the other instruments in and out. I'd also try dropping the ending and do a fade out with a repeating guitar section. Still .. a Very nice song.   When I think I've heard everything that can be done with a dropped d guitar , someone comes along with a nice one like this .. 

Thank You mark....i've only been doing this DAW thing about 9 months so all the mistakes and experiments a lot of you guys did years ago i still have to go through....i'm redoing the entire mix and adding more of the flanged bass (kind of sounds fretless bit it isn't) and redoing the entire end....cheers!!!! 🎶🎸🎸🎶

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, Bajan Blue said:

This could be really good but do have agree with the mix comments - the acoustic does sound a bit boxy

Otherwise cool piece

Nigel

Thank You Nigel....the opinions of you and a lot of the other musicians/audio engineers/all around renaissance folks here at the Songs forum is truly helping me get a good handle in a lot of this DAW business 🎶🎷🥁🎶

Very catchy guitar riff in here but it's repeated too many times without variation.
1:20 things get a little out of sync here.
Larry, this has a whole lot of promise.  Just have to vary it more and give it a bit of direction. Just my opinion.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Very catchy guitar riff in here but it's repeated too many times without variation.
1:20 things get a little out of sync here.
Larry, this has a whole lot of promise.  Just have to vary it more and give it a bit of direction. Just my opinion.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn....i really have no explanation for how bad that first mix is....here is the new mix, if you have time please let me know how this one sounds 🎶🎼🎹🔊

On 5/27/2022 at 6:40 AM, Wookiee said:

Thanks again for the honesty...here is the latest mix 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 5/27/2022 at 9:18 AM, jack c. said:

less verb on track.beautiful.jack c.

100% correct...hear's (pun intended) the latest 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 5/27/2022 at 10:47 AM, mark skinner said:

hi mark....Thanks again for the nice words....it sounds like a dropped d but it's not, it's standard tuning with two acoustic guitars with one playing the notes on the 6, 4 and 3 strings and the second overdubbed acoustic i retuned and played the same notes with a capo now using the 4, 2 and 1 strings....here's the latest 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 5/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, Bajan Blue said:

This could be really good but do have agree with the mix comments - the acoustic does sound a bit boxy

Otherwise cool piece

Nigel

hi Nigel....Thanks again for the comments....here is the new mix 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

11 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I listened on speakers sounded like it need a goose to the top end(?)  I love the song.

Thank You very much David, glad you like the song....do you mean the overall top end needs an increase or just the last minute (which is where i've been debating whether or not to bring it up a decibal or two)?? 🎶🎶🎶🎶

So I guess I'm the only one who has heard the re-mix?
I did not hear the  "issues" some reported so I guess you're good to go.

As to the "repetition", isn't that kind of a "thing" in the genre?
(three minute rocker here, so what do I know?)

t

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

So I guess I'm the only one who has heard the re-mix?
I did not hear the  "issues" some reported so I guess you're good to go.

As to the "repetition", isn't that kind of a "thing" in the genre?
(three minute rocker here, so what do I know?)

t

Hi Tom....Thanks for giving it a listen....and, Yes to "repetition" being a common occurance in ambient music....i love three minute rockers (the Duo Brothers stuff is really well done)....but i do enjoy listening to and trying to write other styles....i do ambient now because my recording capabilities are just getting started and feel it's a good way to learn the basics before going all "Bohemian Rhapsody"/mega production creations....cheers!!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Great Idea 1