Weird Dimension Pro behaviour

Ian Scanlan

I posted this in the old forum without any response so hoping I get something in this new forum. 

Scenario 1:  Open new project. Insert Dimension Pro. Synth loads perfectly well.
Scenario 2. Open old project which has various audio tracks and soft synths (including dimension pro - organ sound). Click on add new synth, dimension pro. The result is that Dimension pro does not load and i am faced with the Dim Pro interface being completely white.

I have opened the project up in safe mode and deleted ALL the soft synths and then attempted to load Dimension pro again. Result Dimension Pro white screen crash.
I have opened up the project and deleted ALL the soft synths in Synth rack. Dimension pro still does not load. 
 The only thing I can add further is that I altered the tuning in the  Dim Pro organ sound in the old project. I can't think of anything else!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, graphics card Nvidia 680 drivers are up to date. As mentioned before, Dim Pro opens up fine in a new project. There is something about this old project (which I'm working on) which doesn't seem to like Dim Pro. I have even deleted all the tracks and busses (except for Master) and still, Dim pro does not open.  I just have a feeling that my detuning Dim Pro has done something to do it - but I can't change the tuning as I can't open up Dim Pro in this project.

Please add version information for the OS, DAW and DP.

May want to look at the Windows Event log for clues to white screen.

I doubt tuning is the problem but could test it by creating a new project, detune DP, save and see if it will load.

Hello Scook. I am using 
Windows 10 version 1809
32 gig ram,
Processor - i7-3770
Asus motherboard,
Echo Layla 3G interface. 
Nvidea Geforce 680

To be honest, I am not sure what I am looking for when I see the Windows event log. I wouldn't even know what to post! 

This is a video i made of the problem with Dimension pro. Sorry, no audio. the first bit shows me loading Dim Pro into a new project - absolutely no problem. The latter half sees me loading Dim Pro into an older project - the result is a hanging white screen.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gswitz. I tried it but no luck - Dim Pro still doesn't want to open and I still get the white hanging box. I even deleted every single track and buss, added a midi track and a master buss - saved the project in a different name and tried to add ad Dim Pro - again no luck. It's a mystery.

• 5 months later...