UJAM Virtual Pianist Vogue introductory sale

cclarry

now $99 instead of $149:

https://www.jrrshop.com/ujam-instruments-virtual-pianist-vogue

Virtual Pianist VOGUE is the smart way to produce realistic piano performances. Create dazzling results while staying in the flow – zero piano skills required.

VOGUE is a professional session player well-versed in contemporary musical styles. This virtual musician can contribute rhythmic tracks as part of a band, accompaniments for singers and instrumentalists, or simple but appealing solo passages and instrumental playbacks. Just pick and choose from 30 styles, trigger the phrases and adjust to fit.

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 3

BTW for me UJAM is the one of the sloooooowest downloaders in the industry. On par with BFD3 by InMusic. I'm convinced they reroute to a server connected to a 300 baud modem for the actual download,

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has UJAM stopped offering "Loyalty" pricing to those of us that have a ton of their other plugs?  I am not seeing anything better than the standard offer when I am logged in 😪  I get that it is a "new line", but there was a "pre-offer" for the synth VST before release.

So after playing with the 30-day "no strings attached" demo of Vogue, I have the following observations:

1) WAAAAAAY overpriced!  (As Brian Lawler pointed out, where is the discount for those of us who own many Ujam products?)   I think this should have a regular price of $79 with a loyalty/intro pricing of about $59.)

2) It sounds interesting/pretty, but frequently the fills don't seem to match the preset style.  Maybe it's a matter of personal taste, but the fills seem to be pretty useless.

3) I am struggling to figure out the chord voicing AI.   You can play with just one finger, but when you start using real chords I find the results can be haphazard.  Sometimes it sounds real nice, and other times not so good.   The manual has a guide to the chord voicings, so I guess I need to examine it more closely.

4) When you record, you only are recording your keypresses, so you don't get a MIDI editable performance.   Yes, you can play back those keypresses and Vogue will play back the performance you heard when you made it, but a MIDI recording of the performance would be much more useful.  It also means you are stuck using the UJAM piano sound as opposed to using your own piano VST.

I suggest everyone try the demo and see if it fits their needs.  I haven't decided yet - if it was around $59 I would have bought it.

A very good alternative (if you can play basic chords on a keyboard) is Chord Potion.  It comes with hundreds of musical styles (all of which can be edited), creates MIDI performances which you can edit, but it does not include a piano, so you'll need to supply a VST instrument.  Of course, that means you can use piano, organ, strings, whatever instrument you want.   And it costs about $50. 

You can check out Chord Potion here:

https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Michael A.D. said:

4) When you record, you only are recording your keypresses, so you don't get a MIDI editable performance.   Yes, you can play back those keypresses and Vogue will play back the performance you heard when you made it, but a MIDI recording of the performance would be much more useful.  It also means you are stuck using the UJAM piano sound as opposed to using your own piano VST.

That's usually the case, unless a VSTi offers MIDI out with the full chord/pattern. UJAM apparently does not offer that option. Some arpeggiators do offer that, and then you can record that pattern to a MIDI track.

It's not like they are protecting their patterns, as you can easily just drag them onto your track timeline...

Good write-up though! Thanks for sharing! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1