track name/clip name

Clips are always given unique names when they are recorded.  Some people like them to be uniquely identified, other's may not.

It's easy to change them all at once though:

1. Select all the clips on the track ( clicking the track number is the quickest way to do this )
2. Open the clip inspector - the one with the waveform icon.
3. Type the new name ( or copy / paste it from the track name ) into the clip name property  - this will change the name of all the selected clips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Clips are always given unique names when they are recorded.  Some people like them to be uniquely identified, other's may not.

It's easy to change them all at once though:

1. Select all the clips on the track ( clicking the track number is the quickest way to do this )
2. Open the clip inspector - the one with the waveform icon.
3. Type the new name ( or copy / paste it from the track name ) into the clip name property  - this will change the name of all the selected clips.

I do this very often, I like to have my specific clip names!

The only issues I have with this:

• Sometimes when I bounce a single clip (e.g. with Clip Gain or FX added) the clip name disappears (=empty). This happens very often, but not always (I had it today minimum 10 times).
  • If I split a clip, move the contents in the parts, cross-fade and then bounce it to a single clip again, then the track name gets the new clip name, although all its parts had the same name. This is a bit annoying!