[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 AM, Beau Sterling said:

Also the Ch. Select button on the X-Touch One seems to have no function. It just stays lit green and will not select/deselect the track in Cakewalk even if the track is displayed as active on the controller, or one of the track M/S/R/etc. buttons is highlighted using the controllers navigation arrows.

Fader had to be adjusted while the track was selected in Cakewalk to get them to pair, but after initial pairing, choosing the track on the controller then moving the fader in either Cakewalk or on the controller will move the other, and the motorized fader will then auto-adjust to the correct position instead of 0 when cycling through tracks.

You probably need to ensure "Select Highlights Track" is checked within the Mackie Control Surface dialog:

image.png.9f863ef78c36158d465ac50df6cab313.png

Very interesting coincidence, I just recently ordered iCon Platform M+ and am awaiting the delivery :D 

where can I learn about what MIDI notes are used in Mackie Control specs, I'm new to control surfaces so will be just getting into it.

Also I have Nectar GXP series keyboard that can install own control surface for Cakewalk, will they work both together alongside?

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but if you lock the Left & Right faders together within the console view, then keeping the Mackie Control set to controlling Master 1 will adjust both faders:

You must have missed it here. No worries. 

On 5/28/2022 at 1:43 PM, Jacques Boileau said:
  • The master fader of the Oxygen will control only one side of the output fader. You can only choose one fader and they are separate left and right faders. But you can circumvent that by linking the faders in Cakewalk (padlock above the faders). A bit annoying but liveable.
  • The pan do not behave as expected using the knobs on the Oxygen Pro. The range is half of what the pan in Cakewalk can do and the center of the knob does not correspond with the middle of the pan in Cakewalk. It seems kind of random, but I am sure there is a pattern, just haven't found it. The pan sometimes goes from -64% to +63%, sometimes -27% to +100%, etc.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

This is the equivalent of pressing Function Key F3 on the Mackie Control,  which you can map to what you need within the Mackie Control Surface dialog.

FWIW
     - setting it to "Keypress: SHIFT + F3 " will make it open the metronome settings dialog
     - setting it to "Keypress: F3" will allow it to toggle the record metronome.

That works great!!! Set it to toggle the record metronome here, which IMO is the most useful (using the KeyLab 61 Mk II).

Thanks for the translation! :)

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

where can I learn about what MIDI notes are used in Mackie Control specs, I'm new to control surfaces so will be just getting into it

That would be very helpful! :)

It seems that the new Mackie Control Surface features are going to be great!!!

Edited by abacab

14 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

If you have been logged out of your BL account for months, then Cakewalk cannot auto activate when needed. If you stay logged in, you won't have this issue.
Once in a while the token expires so you have to log in again but its not very often.

Yes that makes sense.  I was logged out from my BL account for many months.

Installed Update 22. It plays files, but when paused the whole program hangs for several minutes, then comes back to life. Every time a project was opened and the playback was stopped the program hangs.

I know sometimes the account needs to be reactivated to avoid some issues, so I tried reactivating but the process failed.

I reverted to previous version, then reactivated account and reinstalled Update 22. Stopping playback doesn't hang the program any longer.

It appears Update 22 doesn't process account reactivation and relies on it to function properly.

Edited by TechDad
Edits for clarity

I just updated to build 22.  The in-program toast prompt for the update worked properly.  The file prompt to activate on computer Help works properly.

Thanks for the on computer Help.  I dislike using internet Help since it continues to display a pop-up announcing the old Cakewalk site is frozen.

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, TechDad said:

Installed Update 22. It plays files, but when paused the whole program hangs for several minutes, then comes back to life. Every time a project was opened and the playback was stopped the program hangs.

I know sometimes the account needs to be reactivated to avoid some issues, so I tried reactivating but the process failed.

I reverted to previous version, then reactivated account and reinstalled Update 22. Stopping playback doesn't hang the program any longer.

It appears Update 22 doesn't process account reactivation and relies on it to function properly.

@TechDad activation shouldn’t have anything to do with app freezes. You can verify by logging out of BandLab in CbBand retesting. 
Let us know if you can reproduce this. Perhaps its only when the program is in a state where it needs activation?

1 hour ago, Cédric Lawde said:

Yes. Bandlab account is ok.

I've check my izotope plugs and, as usual, its Ozone who freeze the system. No Cakewalk sorry. iZotope is heavy bugued...

If you send a dump file while the app is in a frozen state we may be able to find what is causing the hang,

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

23 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

I dislike using internet Help since it continues to display a pop-up

It's always seemed odd that launching the online documentation from within Cakewalk by BandLab throws up an announcement about the existence of Cakewalk by BandLab.

I'd gladly accept a cookie that would flag me as someone who's already gotten the message.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 4

All I can say is, if you overcomplicate something, confusion will entail.  If you then change that overcomplicated something to something even more complicated, confusion will yield to frustration. ;) - ConfusedOne

8 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

If you send a dump file while the app is in a frozen state we may be able to find what is causing the hang,

I'd like to. Unfortunately, my only solution is to restart Windows (with CTRL-ALT-DEL cause the Windows menu also seems to be blocked).

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic