[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]

2 hours ago, marled said:

This reminds me of a similar bug in the Event Inspector Module! It does not work there either (and it is essential to be able to change values of multiple clips).

But for me it is not that much a big deal, because meanwhile I've got used to press the U.S. key combination for CbB on my Swedish keyboards (does not match the lettering though). 😆

Agreed.  I'm in the UK and whenever I want to add, say ten, to the velocity of a number of MIDI events in the Event Inspector I have to remember not to use the number pad.  It's been an irritation for years!

• Like 1

Hi, that's nice to have an Early Access for CbB! Thanks to the bakers!

Also I'd like to ask how to CTRL + drag copy nodes on Tempo Track, because I saw there is a fix for an issue on Tempo Map but I couldn't reproduce it (actually CTRL + drag copy doesn't seem to work on Tempo Track, or maybe I'm missing something?).

EDIT: Ops, my bad! Maybe it's referring to Arranger Section? 
Thanks!

Edited by mgustavo

8 hours ago, marled said:

This reminds me of a similar bug in the Event Inspector Module! It does not work there either (and it is essential to be able to change values of multiple clips).

But for me it is not that much a big deal, because meanwhile I've got used to press the U.S. key combination for CbB on my Swedish keyboards (does not match the lettering though). 😆

This is fixed as well.

Now + works in in the Event Inspector, at least on my Finnish keyboard.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, abacab said:

I had the opportunity to briefly test the new control surface settings with my Arturia KeyLab 61 Mk II today.

It was mostly a success using the Cubase mode in the keyboard with the Mackie MCU Cubase mode in Cakewalk Mackie Control.

These features were all plug and play, using the Mackie Control "Bus" option on the Master Fader, and "Select highlights track" option:

• jog wheel
  • transport controls, including the loop button
  • track and master faders
  • track pan knobs
  • track select buttons
  • the solo, mute, & record buttons under track controls
  • Read automation button (but write does nothing)

Not sure what's going on with the global controls... the metronome button doesn't do anything, the undo button opens the event list. and the save button opens and closes the browser panel.

KeyLab Mk II - Mackie Cubase Mode.PNG

I'm not sure which button the Keylab is sending for the metronome - there's certainly no button labelled metronome on the Cubase MCU overlay.

As far as the other functions, it sounds like these may be firing off the function keys. These were purposely left unmapped as they are user definable in the Mackie Control dialog. You should be able to remap them yourself by selecting the equivalent command or key press.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I'm not sure which button the Keylab is sending for the metronome - there's certainly no button labelled metronome on the Cubase MCU overlay.

As far as the other functions, it sounds like these may be firing off the function keys. These were purposely left unmapped as they are user definable in the Mackie Control dialog. You should be able to remap them yourself by selecting the equivalent command or key press.

Thanks for the tip! This was just a simple "out-of-the box" user report. I was using KeyLab's built-in Cubase DAW mode preset, which cannot be edited.

I also tried the KeyLab's built-in "Standard MCU" DAW mode preset, but that didn't seem to work quite as well as the Cubase DAW mode with the Cubase overlay in Mackie Control.

Custom mapping might be possible from the KeyLab using with the "User" memory mode. But since things are mostly usable without any customization, I consider this a big "win"! :)

Note: I used MIDI-OX to capture the KeyLab's MIDI messages sent using the buttons, faders, and knobs. All control surface related messages are sent via the device MIDIIN2 (KeyLab Mk II). The primary MIDI in port is reserved for the keyboard keys.

• Buttons send a MIDI note on, followed by a note off message.
  • Faders send a MIDI note on, followed by pitch bend, followed by a note off.
  • Knobs send a MIDI CC#.

The metronome button sends this message (multiple presses shown):

KeyLab Mk II metronome button.PNG

KeyLab MkII DAW Overlay - Track and Global Controls.PNG

Edited by abacab

10 hours ago, dahjah said:

is there a way to get volume level to show on the controller (mackie mode)? info shows up on panning (lcd screen of controller) but not the volume.

The display shows the value for what is currently being controlled by the v-pots.  By default, this is pan.

Engaging flip is an easy way to swap pan/volume ( so the v-pots now control volume, and the sliders control pan ).

Alternatively, your controller may offer other ways to change the currently edited parameter.

On a real MCU,  pressing the Edit / Global button will allow the Channel left/right buttons to change the current v-pot parameter.  Pressing left once will go from pan to volume; pressing right once will put it back to pan.  You can press the Name/Value button to get it to flip between the parameter name and value, so you can make sure you're picking the right one.

On my 01X it's even easier - just pressing Display up/down allows me to cycle through the track parameters being controlled by the v-pots.

I have run into an issue and felt I needed to report it. The issue has only started since I did the EA update and has never happened before (that I remember).

The problem is when I adjust a parameter while playing, (so far, track pan & send) an instrument (or sometimes more) will drop out. It will stay out until I restart the song (song position doesn't seem to matter). I don't have to be adjusting the track that drops out, it can be any track. It's ALWAYS my drums (Superior Drummer 2) that drops out and sometimes other instruments as well. As I said, I've never had this to happen before.

I usually have several audio tracks as well as VSTi tracks, all with various plugins. Basically a backup band with multiple recorded guitars & vocals.

I'm a looong time CW user (since DOS version) and know CW well. Nothing has changed on my system in several months, so it wasn't a Windows update or anything (updates are locked).

I'm running:

MS Windows 10 Pro

ASRock MB w/American Megatrends BIOS

AMD FX-6300 3500 Mhz (3cores, 6 Processes)

8 Gig memory (yeah, I need more)

MOTU 24i Audio interface (latest drivers)

On 6/6/2022 at 5:27 AM, msmcleod said:

The display shows the value for what is currently being controlled by the v-pots.  By default, this is pan.

Engaging flip is an easy way to swap pan/volume ( so the v-pots now control volume, and the sliders control pan ).

Alternatively, your controller may offer other ways to change the currently edited parameter.

On a real MCU,  pressing the Edit / Global button will allow the Channel left/right buttons to change the current v-pot parameter.  Pressing left once will go from pan to volume; pressing right once will put it back to pan.  You can press the Name/Value button to get it to flip between the parameter name and value, so you can make sure you're picking the right one.

On my 01X it's even easier - just pressing Display up/down allows me to cycle through the track parameters being controlled by the v-pots.

At least I now know it's possible. When I press flip the rotary encoder for panning turns into the volume knob while the faders turn into panning, but the numbers do show up on the lcd, just gotta figure out how to flip it the right way now.

Edited by dahjah

1 hour ago, Galapas said:

I have run into an issue and felt I needed to report it. The issue has only started since I did the EA update and has never happened before (that I remember).

The problem is when I adjust a parameter while playing, (so far, track pan & send) an instrument (or sometimes more) will drop out. It will stay out until I restart the song (song position doesn't seem to matter). I don't have to be adjusting the track that drops out, it can be any track. It's ALWAYS my drums (Superior Drummer 2) that drops out and sometimes other instruments as well. As I said, I've never had this to happen before.

I usually have several audio tracks as well as VSTi tracks, all with various plugins. Basically a backup band with multiple recorded guitars & vocals.

I'm a looong time CW user (since DOS version) and know CW well. Nothing has changed on my system in several months, so it wasn't a Windows update or anything (updates are locked).

I'm running:

MS Windows 10 Pro

ASRock MB w/American Megatrends BIOS

AMD FX-6300 3500 Mhz (3cores, 6 Processes)

8 Gig memory (yeah, I need more)

MOTU 24i Audio interface (latest drivers)

I started getting this, too, but it's only a short crackle when I for example start adjusting panning. This is new to me, never happened before.

My system:

• MS Windows 10 Pro, latest updates
  • ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING
  • Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.40GHz
  • 32 Gigs of memory, DDR4 3466 MHz
  • 1 TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • RME Fireface UCX, latest drivers

On 6/3/2022 at 8:38 AM, Under A Mile said:

Attaching log file. You can see that I have updated the plugins.  There is also more info in this log "VSTSCAN: > dispatcher" lines - I hope this helps. The scan took nearly 3hrs. thanks, Paul

VstScan-202206EA.log 1.25 MB · 2 downloads

This has kind of gone away (for now) but I will note down what I have found, as I do not know the root cause and I'm not convinced it won't reappear. I will try to be as specific as I can (am an Embedded SW dev myself ) but these are the (perhaps coincidental) findings:-

- when the problem hits, it's really slow to scan VST, impossible to use, then, somehow it gradually gets better, not always for anything I've actively done. This happened on 2022.02. I realise I haven't proven the problem is with Cakewalk itself yet, respect guys for the generally great (and Free to use!) DAW. The multitrack comping works really nicely these days, I use across 5 grouped drum tracks, that's much better than the last version of Sonar Pro I had before BL. Anyway, I digress.

- I'd given both machines thorough checks with Ccleaners and Antiviruses (paid versions) which did not seem to help. 

- since last Thursday, in the last 2 days it seems to be a getting better and I could load projects again in a shorter time, reducing to a few minutes.  Yesterday CPU/memory intensive (mixdown) and other operations -  PS I tried some groove quantize for the 1st time - extracting midi from a clip - are working fine despite the slow scans.

- the VST scan appeared to start quite quickly, and then slow down, but could vary. As the scan seems to be 1 thread(?) I don't think any one plugin was slowing down, all seemed to take the same time (few mins each) when slow.

- Once a project was loaded, adding plugins from different vendors was slow too.

- As a Windows 10 update was available to try, today I installed this:

06/06/2022  2022-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5014023)
                            Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. ...

- this seemed to alleviate the problem further. So I tried on my 2nd machine before updating windows, to see if the problem was there, it was not (with 2022.02 I had seen the issue on both machines) The 2nd machine (laptop -both are i7 machines, 2x SSD ,16GB RAM -see attachment) didn't seem to be suffering at all. I updated to 2022.06, still ok, then updated windows, still ok.

- Looking back now, there were windows updates around Feb'22 when this started being a problem, but I'm not drawing conclusions.

- I couldn't do an exact like-for-like since I have some Waves plugins which are licensed only on 1 machine. I know one can move them around, ...but I was having other problems with them (some missing from the install). I bit the bullet and paid to upgrade those as some were a few years old, and with v13 I get a 2nd license on them (although for 1 yr only unfortunately), so I can now replicate the setup.

- Both machines are now working fine, scanning ok, and loading up new plugins is ok.

I attach my machine details from a scanning tool, FYR.

Documents.zip

7 hours ago, petemus said:

I started getting this, too, but it's only a short crackle when I for example start adjusting panning. This is new to me, never happened before.

My system:

• MS Windows 10 Pro, latest updates
  • ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING
  • Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.40GHz
  • 32 Gigs of memory, DDR4 3466 MHz
  • 1 TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • RME Fireface UCX, latest drivers

Since I started paying attention to this, I've noticed audio from different instruments fading in and out, but only happens after I touch one of the track or VST controls. It will continue until I stop the playback and start again. As long as I don't touch anything, it plays fine.

13 hours ago, Galapas said:

Since I started paying attention to this, I've noticed audio from different instruments fading in and out, but only happens after I touch one of the track or VST controls. It will continue until I stop the playback and start again. As long as I don't touch anything, it plays fine.

Same issue for me, very weird!

Edited by KWILD

14 hours ago, Galapas said:

In my experience this has been present from previous releases. Synths either drop out or start playing out of sync until you stop and restart playing. It happens either when you tweak VST controls or when you resize/move audio clips in/across tracks.

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic