[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]

On 5/27/2022 at 8:43 PM, User 905133 said:

Looking forward to trying the Comp/Take Lanes repair.  I stopped using Comp Mode to try out ideas and preserve them in lanes because the splits were trouble some.

Just did a basic test and this worked. 

• Track 1: Created a bass line (1 measure + 4 measures looped).
  •  Track 2: Played successive test fillers over measures 2 -> 5.

No splits in the take lanes for basic tasks.  Thanks.  

Edited by User 905133
Details about pre-existing conditions removed
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:00 AM, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

Thanks for this, it's very helpful with Midi Controllers.

But now changing Tracks in the Track view with controller is slower than before.

It was very fast before.

Was slower when opening Multidock with Console, now with console it is VERY slow

But OK for working cause I don't need Console. (Very seldom)

Great, this is much better than before.

As far as I can see all Projects are opening and playing without any issues with this update.

Thanks for it Bakers;)

Bassman.

To clarify - Is it slower only when the option is enabled?

On 5/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jacques Boileau said:
  • The pan do not behave as expected using the knobs on the Oxygen Pro. The range is half of what the pan in Cakewalk can do and the center of the knob does not correspond with the middle of the pan in Cakewalk. It seems kind of random, but I am sure there is a pattern, just haven't found it. The pan sometimes goes from -64% to +63%, sometimes -27% to +100%, etc.

All in all, a great improvement in getting an Oxygen Pro working with Cakewalk.

I have the Oxygen Pro 61 also , most things seem to be working but my pan pots don't seem to do anything at all ?

But I do have working:  Transport, Record , Loop , Faders, Bank Select - This is a much better situation than previously.

I am not sure the Pads are doing anything so no  :  Pan - Device -Sens - Save Quantize - View - Undo...unless I am missing something ? It could be me. 😕

Anyway....a good step in the right direction. I would love it if Cakewalk could get to the point where it was like the MIDI Remote Integration Feature in Cubase 12 ( a guy can dream right ? )   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I have the Oxygen Pro 61 also , most things seem to be working but my pan pots don't seem to do anything at all ?

But I do have working:  Transport, Record , Loop , Faders, Bank Select - This is a much better situation than previously.

I am not sure the Pads are doing anything so no  :  Pan - Device -Sens - Save Quantize - View - Undo...unless I am missing something ? It could be me. 😕

Anyway....a good step in the right direction. I would love it if Cakewalk could get to the point where it was like the MIDI Remote Integration Feature in Cubase 12 ( a guy can dream right ? )   

Make sure you hold shift to access the pads function, what is written underneath. They work for me using the Oxygen Pro 61 Cubase DAW mode and the Cakewalk Mackie Cubase mode.

'SAVE' and 'UNDO' work as they should. 'DEVICE' and 'SEND' do not seem to be doing anything. Strangely enough, the 'VIEW' toggles 'Metronome During Record' option in Cakewalk. I assumed 'SEND' would let the knob control the send of a track, but no. I haven't tried 'QUANTIZE' in a project where it could mean something.

Try holding shift and pressing the bottom first pad labeled 'PAN'. This could get your knobs working the Cakewalk pan. If you have pressed either shift-DEVICE or shift-SENDS, this will effectively disable the pan and the knobs do not do anything then.

18 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

. A lot of times it *is* some third-party software, or a hardware issue or even user error.

And there it is again. It's never asctuall "Calkewalk" itself with this forum! 

Edited by Kyle Davis
  • Meh 6

25 minutes ago, Kyle Davis said:

As several people have already indicated, even if it is a cakewalk bug, there is an ecosystem and a context behind it. In a system with complex interactions it is important to have all the elements. Cakewalk (or any other software) does not work from scratch. Would you go to your doctor and just say you're sick without giving any other information?

• Like 6

Short answer on this release. A new EA/Update is always welcome, even if you do not have anything to gain from it feature wise. And whatever improvement it bring without you noticing things - its a plus in my books. 

How does this work again? It's been so long. 😭 😁

I discovered a bug: The EA download size is 1Megabyte less. 

Great improvements Bakers. 

Edited by Will.
Some humour
  • Like 1

To clarify - Is it slower only when the option is enabled?

I tested 2 Projects, 1 without any Folders and 1 with many folders.

Without folders it is as fast as before, doesn't matter if the options are enabled or not!

The other project with many folders and folders in folders it is very slow and it jumps sometimes so that it is not possible to get to a specific track or you have to try it a few times up and down.

Then added some folders in the project without any folders so far and it seems that it get's slower and slower the more folders I add....

Attached the Project Templates (more than 4.88 MB):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0MrZgzaf6mtNjlk0m0pw?e=VxIpMT

Greetings:)

Bassman.

P.S. Forgot to say that I change tracks with AZController and a Slider, but you can easy see this with just the up and down keys (With a lot of folders it reacts very slowly!):

: Set_state PLMIN Ribbon
  'PLMIN.+' : Set_state TmpCnt Next loop
  'PLMIN.-' : Set_state TmpCnt Prev loop

TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Sel_strip Strip StrTy Current 1 Volume
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Sel_strip Strip StrTy Current -1 Volume

TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Set_state TrCo Next loop
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Set_state TrCo Prev loop
  TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : CALL _fTrCoPlDN 
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : CALL _fTrCoMiUP 
  MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Func 6 'Select Strip'
  MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 * Set_state TmpCnt.0 

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

5 hours ago, Kyle Davis said:

Mate, you cherry-picked a single sentence out of my reply and took it entirely out of context. It's clear you don't actually want help. Good luck.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Will. said:

Anyone else having trouble with saving a new project? CbB freezes after it saved the project my side. 

I've seen this a couple of times. The wait curson is visible quite a bit longer than usual. Once or twice I've even had a crash in the end. Saving the project, I think, was still successful. I could dig up and deliver some dumps to the Bakers.

2 hours ago, petemus said:

I think, was still successful. 

Yeah. Thats true. 

It happened with a full project, right after I had installed the EA. And my test yesterday was just a one track one strum recorded file. I tried to save it and CbB frozed up. 

Every other thing on the system worked fine. I could open the explorer and another DAW. Even the browser to Youtube. CbB was still frozen. The process bar runs to 100% and stay there permanently. 

On 5/30/2022 at 8:15 AM, Heinz Hupfer said:

I tested 2 Projects, 1 without any Folders and 1 with many folders.

Without folders it is as fast as before, doesn't matter if the options are enabled or not!

The other project with many folders and folders in folders it is very slow and it jumps sometimes so that it is not possible to get to a specific track or you have to try it a few times up and down.

Then added some folders in the project without any folders so far and it seems that it get's slower and slower the more folders I add....

Attached the Project Templates (more than 4.88 MB):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0MrZgzaf6mtNjlk0m0pw?e=VxIpMT

Greetings:)

Bassman.

P.S. Forgot to say that I change tracks with AZController and a Slider, but you can easy see this with just the up and down keys (With a lot of folders it reacts very slowly!):

: Set_state PLMIN Ribbon
  'PLMIN.+' : Set_state TmpCnt Next loop
  'PLMIN.-' : Set_state TmpCnt Prev loop

TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Sel_strip Strip StrTy Current 1 Volume
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Sel_strip Strip StrTy Current -1 Volume

TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Set_state TrCo Next loop
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Set_state TrCo Prev loop
  TrSelDir.DN MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : CALL _fTrCoPlDN 
  TrSelDir.UP MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : CALL _fTrCoMiUP 
  MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 : Func 6 'Select Strip'
  MO.Nor TmpCnt.2 * Set_state TmpCnt.0 

@Heinz Hupfer - can you confirm whether this slow behaviour new to this release, or was it slow in 2022.02 too?

In the project with folders it was not this slow, you can try it out just with the up and down keys, switching to next track is  reacting very slow so it doesn't has to do with the controller.

This wasn't before and it doesn't matter if I enable or disable the open folder option(s).

Fast as before without any folders!

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Just a note. This is not new to thEA, but is was new to the previous EA and I was assured it was fixed for next release.... But it's not.

Melodyne clips in Lanes disappear when muted (In the Lane)... Seriously? This needs to be fixed, yes?

I hope someone has taken note of this. At the end of the 02 update it was confirmed and I was told fixed for next release. It is currently, not fixed in the ea 06

Edited by Keni

Hi:)

@msmcleod

OK! I did a rollback for testing and you are right! February Release is as slow as the new release. I had it different in mind.

First I thought it has to do with nested folders, but:

For testing I deleted all folders and subfolders:

Surprisingly not faster than before.

Deleted some Synths (only synths, not tracks), but this has too nothing to do with it!

Closed Console View:

Wow, a huge forward! That's it, as long as the console view is opened it get's very slow!

(I have it in the multidock on the 2. Monitor) That's what I wrote in another Post.

You must not even have it visible, just present in the Multidock!

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

On 5/30/2022 at 1:18 AM, Jacques Boileau said:

Try holding shift and pressing the bottom first pad labeled 'PAN'. This could get your knobs working the Cakewalk pan. If you have pressed either shift-DEVICE or shift-SENDS, this will effectively disable the pan and the knobs do not do anything then.

Thanks, I was not understanding I needed to press shift as well.  I seem to have the same as you now..the pan knobs work but they don't track all the way. A bit of an issue for my L-C-R mixing style 😃

I'm reasonably happy with the functionality I DO have now though, I am fast with shortcuts so Save - Undo etc wouldn't be used anyway. So long as I have transport and fader banks I think I'm good.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.06 Early Access [Updated to Build 22]
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic