AUTO-TUNE EFX +

Dean Willoughby

2 minutes ago, Dean Willoughby said:

Have future releases from Antares compatible with CakeWalk. The newest add on of Auto-Tune EFX + is NOT!! Wasted my money.

FWIW None of the Antares VST3 plugins I have work for me in Cakewalk, but the VST2's work fine.

What do Antares have to say about their product not being compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab?

Compatibility issues are something that ideally require participation from both companies.   Failing to test their software with a DAW that has been around for 31 years and is available to them for free? Seems kind of sloppy to me.

I see that Sonar Platinum (along with FL Studio, Reaper, and Digital Performer) is listed as "possibly compatible" with Autotune EFX on their website and that for all "possibly compatible" listed hosts the user should try their free demo to see if it works. I guess "possibly compatible" means that they want the user to do their compatibility testing for them.

In case anyone doesn't know how the industry works, ImageLine, Cockos and MOTU (and MAGIX, as I see that Samplitude is on the doesn't work list) would all be more than happy to give them copies of their latest builds to test their plug-ins with. Even if it were only to be able to tell users that they don't work, or to let the companies know.

From their compatibility list, Antares seem to be interested in Pro Tools, Cubase, and Studio One, and sometimes Ableton Live, and everyone else can fend for themselves.

Get your license fee back.

@Dean Willoughby

You can submit a report to Cakewalk by BandLab support here:  https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

If it is causing Cakewalk by BandLab to crash, PLEASE submit a support request.  That will help the developers to make CbB more crash resistant and stable for all users.  Also, the lead developer is very interested in obtaining minidump files that can be manually created when Cakewalk by BandLab hangs or is automatically created when the program crashes.  You can read his post here:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3865-better-problem-reporting-how-to-capture-a-crash-dump/

I should also point out that the Cakewalk by Bandlab development team traditionally has reached out to plugin development teams to assist in getting the plugin to perform properly with CbB.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, michael sipia said:

The last I read was in 2019 but did Auto Tune fix it's problems with Caklewalk

Yes they have. Autotune Pro can be used as a region. I only own the Autotune access, mainly for a particular genre. Autotune pro cost $399?

I'll rather invest in Melodyne Editor for the same price of $399 or the assistant for $249 or Melodyne essential for $99

If you want to work instruments and samples too, the $399 editor is what you want. If its only for deep vocal editing you're after the Assistant is your gold. Otherwise basic vocal editing  you need Melodyne Essential. 

Or . . . 

If you can afford it, Melodyne Studio 5 price at $699 

I'm getting both Waves Tune Vocal pitch and Waves Real-time pitch end month. They go for $29 each! Both stand neck-to-neck with Auto tune Pro and Autotune Access (if not better sounding.) 

Melodyne is still your gold here, for the most natural sounding pitch correction, for every available genre in existence. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo