a Spring Morning Song

bats brew

Bats Brew . . . this sounds majestic and powerful, very anthemic . . . bring on the spring, blow out the cobwebs ! You have amazing control of those guitars and effects, the harmony and bending of the electric lead parts sounds incredible. Just great stuff (as per always) . . . thanks for continuing to post it here for us all.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Beautifully played and sounds great - reminded me a bit of Wishbone Ash

cool

Nigel

thank you nigel.

this wishbone ash thing....

heheh.

i really gotta download a few tunes, and listen more often....

i had an album way back when,

but they were never on the radar as an influence, so i find it intriguing.

21 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Love those guitar tones and the acoustic sounds really lush. Chops ain't too shabby either. 😉

Fabulous.

Andy

hi andy! yep, the guitars all done using a Strymon Iridium direct... and the Taylor 414.

14 hours ago, noynekker said:

Bats Brew . . . this sounds majestic and powerful, very anthemic . . . bring on the spring, blow out the cobwebs ! You have amazing control of those guitars and effects, the harmony and bending of the electric lead parts sounds incredible. Just great stuff (as per always) . . . thanks for continuing to post it here for us all.

howdy ho noynekker!

anthemic, yes, that was always the goal,  to make the arrangment sort of soar...

working with (what was new at the time) the strymon modeler, just opened up so many new tones to me, that it was easy to just take off with it...

i also had just added a new digital delay, the Boss DD-200, and the combination of those two things there, are all you hear, really.

everything printed in real time.

made it easy to mix.

i pushed the electrics with a pedalboard, but the tones are basically all direct.

no amps used on the album.

direct-rec-rig.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, batsbrew said:

hi andy! yep, the guitars all done using a Strymon Iridium direct... and the Taylor 414.

You can't go wrong with a Taylor acoustic, I had a 314ce for years but I px'd it last year for a T5z - I reckoned it would be better for recording and versatility. I do love it but I miss that 'acoustic sound', the one real downside of the T5z is the body sensor (switch position 1) which ironically is supposed to emulate an acoustic. Just sounds tinny and thin to me, it also picks up loads of fret squeak and string noise- I find it barely usable.

But I get a decent sound from the other four settings so it's all good. Keep on rockin'

Andy

• Like 1