AUTO-TUNE EFX +

I just purchased this newest addition to the Auto-tune family and spent hours trying to figure out why CakeWalk would not recognize the plugin. After spending my hard earned money, Antares informed me that CakeWalk was on the list for "may be" compatible. Well...it is not. DO NOT PURCHASE this new plugin as it will be show up no matter what in CakeWalk. I have sent a request to BandLab to investigate this and see if they can add a script for the new Antares products. That's the problem with a FREE DAW. This may be the beginning of the future of "must have" plugins not compatible. I am very disappointed at this moment. As Antares will not refund money. They said to try the demo first...but the demo is not available at this time. So...I just went ahead and purchased since all my other Antares plugins work fine.

It seems to me the problem isn't the free DAW - it's the expensive plugin (with no  refund as a bonus). Yay Antares!

How familiar are you with 3rd party plugins in general? Have you searched for the plugin to be sure the install location is included in your scanned folders? Done a rescan of your plugs? Does the VST scan fail on scanning? Does the plugin show up in your excluded Plugins?  

I have had Autotune efx and it worked just fine. The newest is Autotune 8 (called Autotune Pro) no problems with it either.  I can’t remember efx but I think it is  iLok. Go to your iLok license manager if it is there install it. If not call Antares. Then rescan your plugins in BandLab sonar 

Max Arwood

Further to Max's point about it sounding like an iLok issue here is Antares' instructions for activation. 

I don't think it's sufficient for Antares' support to say the DAW MIGHT not be supported and "you should have tried the demo". (While true, they need to help you ensure your software is properly activated).

http://support.antarestech.com/support/solutions/articles/26000034572-how-to-activate-your-license-for-non-ilok-plugins-like-auto-tune-access-efx-and-auto-key-

Another thought, if the software is properly activated, and if you are sure the plugin is being scanned properly, maybe try it in another DAW - reaper is free to try and small enough it will give you a pretty good idea if the plugin problem is only with Cakewalk/Sonar. I still believe it's a plugin issue not your DAW.

Just wanted to make an update on this plugin from Antares. I was finally able to get the plugin to install correctly and recognized by CakeWalk. Thanks to Mike and his helpful team. Only hiccup is that the 64 bit version crashes CakeWalk. The 32 bit works just fine.

4 hours ago, Dean Willoughby said:

Just wanted to make an update on this plugin from Antares. I was finally able to get the plugin to install correctly and recognized by CakeWalk. Thanks to Mike and his helpful team. Only hiccup is that the 64 bit version crashes CakeWalk. The 32 bit works just fine.

@Dean Willoughby, Thanks for providing the update.   I'm glad you've found a workaround so you can use the product you've paid your hard earned money for. 

Who is Mike and his helpful team?

The developers at Cakewalk by BandLab are actively seeking crash information.  You can submit a support request here:  https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Also, here is a thread the lead developer created detailing how best to provide them with a mini dump:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3865-better-problem-reporting-how-to-capture-a-crash-dump/

Your crash data and report will help the developers create a more stable and reliable product which helps all of us.

Again, I'm glad you got at least part of your purchase working for you.  Antares makes some wonderful products.  Since their product mix seems to be moving from a focus on hardware to software it behooves them to make their software as reliable and trouble free as possible.

• 1 year later...