MODO Bass 2 CS

cclarry

One thing the IKM installer does NOT do is create a shortcut for the standalone version. You have to go to the Modo Bass 2 folder, right-click on the .EXE and select Create Shortcut. Windows will place it on the desktop (where I want it anyway).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John Maar said:

One thing the IKM installer does NOT do is create a shortcut for the standalone version. You have to go to the Modo Bass 2 folder, right-click on the .EXE and select Create Shortcut. Windows will place it on the desktop (where I want it anyway).

It did for me!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It likes my AXE I/O too, as well as my three Steinberg MR816s daisychained, but I haven't tried on anything else.

Peter, I'm about to leave on a road trip, for how long will Modo Bass 1 users be able to upgrade to MB2 for the discounted price? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Paul Young said:

So far the desktop version doesn't like ASIO hardware drivers.  It wont work with my MOTU M2 or AP 2496. 

I shall see if that happens on the other 2 systems.

It's working now. Not like it's really important what driver is used on a stand alone anyway.

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I have MODO Bass 1 complete. Will installing MODO Bass 2 CS bring any of my basses from 1 into 2 in addition to the one provided with CS? 

Yes, the basses from MODO BASS are unlocked in MODO BASS 2 CS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Since I have MODO BASS 1, I looked at the comparison table and didn't see any benefit to installing MODO BASS 2 CS. Is there any benefit, other than the option to buy  ala carte basses?

Update: Found it.  MODO BASS 2 CS has features listed that MODO BASS 1 doesn't:

• Reduced number of patterns.
  • No fretless capability.

Might be worth installing if it adds the ability to record, save, and load user bass patterns.

10.2 – Importing your own patterns If you would like to save patterns you create with MODO BASS 2 inside the application so that they appear in the patterns section, you should name them as follows:

Genre_Section_Playstyle_Bars_Signature_BPM_Key_Song Name.mid

Then, move them inside the following folder: /Documents/IK Multimedia/MODO BASS 2/Patterns/ These will appear in the Patterns section as well as in the pattern menu in the bottom bar once the application is relaunched.

This feature seems to make having to scroll past the new locked basses worth the extra effort, but the CS version might not have this feature. (I couldn't get it to work.) I'd be interested in knowing if anyone can add user bass MIDI files.

Edited by User 905133
(3) to say that the CS version might not support user patterns; (2) to add info from the manual about adding user bass patterns; (1) to answer my own question
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Since I have MODO BASS 1, I looked at the comparison table and didn't see any benefit to installing MODO BASS 2 CS. Is there any benefit, other than the option to buy  ala carte basses?

Update: Found it.  MODO BASS 2 CS has features listed that MODO BASS 1 doesn't:

• Reduced number of patterns.
  • No fretless capability.

Might be worth installing if it adds the ability to record, save, and load user bass patterns.

This feature seems to make having to scroll past the new locked basses worth the extra effort,

The only real benefit is for IKM that it tempts you to keep buying more bass models and get more patterns, which by the way very unattractive and tempting seem to be those of the CS version.

• Like 1