IK Memorial Day SE Savings!

cclarry

46 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

They are just one kit (Studio) and one Bass (60s P-Bass, without fretless).  I think that they are very fair - better than a limited time demo, and very usable.

Glad to hear, thanks for the input.  Let's see if I manage to create convincing drum and bass sections on my MIDI keyboard. :)

1 hour ago, daveiv said:

Glad to hear, thanks for the input.  Let's see if I manage to create convincing drum and bass sections on my MIDI keyboard. :)

I think CS is more than enough to get a feel for how the products work and what they sound like . I like using them.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

79.99 is the upgrade price, has been that way from the go.

OG news and PR has contained the following from release:

But with the current sale on MODO drum SE 1.5, it seems we could get to upgrade our 1.0 full to 1.5 full using that, no? If the only thing missing is the 3 new kits and they are included in SE 1.5, it seems it would work. Or am I missing something?

As said earlier, does 1.0 full + 1.5 SE = 1.5 full?

@Peter - IK Multimedia please confirm so I can jump on this sale before it ends!

And the answer is yes, it works. Bought 1.5 SE and the kits show up. Don't ask me how, because I have the feeling I have authorized it 3 times, installed it 2 times and had to load the plugin 5 times before anything showed up.

I'm having the same problems with Syntronik where everything shows up in Sampletank, not in Syntronik only a couple of downloaded new synths from Syntronik 2. And I have install files all over my drives now. I'm glad for the sale, less glad for the entire process.

• Like 1

One of the problems with SampleTank, and SampleTank based products like Sytronik
is that every time you install an update, or something new, it has to go through the
TWO MONTH long "rebuilding database" process.  It's VERY annoying!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

And the answer is yes, it works. Bought 1.5 SE and the kits show up.

In my experience, yes, MODO DRUM 1.5 SE picks up the MODO DRUM 1 kits.  What we don't know (so far as I can tell) is if MODO DRUM 1.5 Full has something (such as a feature, etc.)  that the combination of MODO DRUM 1 + MODO DRUM 1.5 SE doesn't have.

From what I have seen, it is not safe to assume that just because we have all of the kits there aren't other differences. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

In my experience, yes, MODO DRUM 1.5 SE picks up the MODO DRUM 1 kits.  What we don't know (so far as I can tell) is if MODO DRUM 1.5 Full has something (such as a feature, etc.)  that the combination of MODO DRUM 1 + MODO DRUM 1.5 SE doesn't have.

From what I have seen, it is not safe to assume that just because we have all of the kits there aren't other differences. 

good question. from what i have seen so far, it looks like 1.5 just has the new kits. i think what you dont know is whether the upgrade from 1.5 SE will cost more than an upgrade from 1.5 full when or if  Modo Drum 2 comes out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

good question. from what i have seen so far, it looks like 1.5 just has the new kits. i think what you dont know is whether the upgrade from 1.5 SE will cost more than an upgrade from 1.5 full when or if  Modo Drum 2 comes out.

Excellent point!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Ah yes you are absolutely right. I stand corrected.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

And the answer is yes, it works. Bought 1.5 SE and the kits show up. Don't ask me how, because I have the feeling I have authorized it 3 times, installed it 2 times and had to load the plugin 5 times before anything showed up.

I'm having the same problems with Syntronik where everything shows up in Sampletank, not in Syntronik only a couple of downloaded new synths from Syntronik 2. And I have install files all over my drives now. I'm glad for the sale, less glad for the entire process.

I bit the bullet and got 1.5 SE too, but even with a couple reauthorizations and 2 re-installs.  All my content is gone even when I point the program to the content folder (which looked correct to begin with).  Ugh.

Edited by Brian Walton

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you don't see your content after the update of MODO DRUM 1.5 please check this FAQ:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1429

Or this one:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1428

The instructions list multiple paths yet the user is only able to select a single path, so which is it suposed to be?

I setup my sound content on an external drive.  I moved all the new download packs there also, and scanning the folder does nothing.

image.png.c620e06eeb1caffb9d56503991d43087.png

Edited by Brian Walton

7 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If the FAQ didn't resolve your issue there should be a link there to contact support directly and I'm sure they'll sort everything out for you.

Yep, already had a ticket open.  Thanks

What seems to be the case as far as I can tell is the program no longer lets you store the vast majority of the content in an external drive spot (or if it does, needs some change to the folder contents to let it happen).  But will see what support says.

• Like 1