IK Memorial Day SE Savings!

cclarry

If I own the full Modo Drum "1"

What happens if I buy Modo Drum 1.5 SE as that has the 3 new kits in it.  Would my 1.5 suddenly have all the kits (so you can swap out kit pieces) or would I be left using 2 separate programs to access the drums (and no ability to swap in new kit pieces)?   

With this being IKM, don't want to make assumptions myself.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

If I own the full Modo Drum "1"

What happens if I buy Modo Drum 1.5 SE as that has the 3 new kits in it.  Would my 1.5 suddenly have all the kits (so you can swap out kit pieces) or would I be left using 2 separate programs to access the drums (and no ability to swap in new kit pieces)?   

With this being IKM, don't want to make assumptions myself.

If I install MODO DRUM 1.1.3 and then upgrade to 1.5, I can see all the old drum kits with only the three new ones as locked.  I would expect MODO DRUM 1.5 SE to unlock those three new kits.

IK is pretty good about using different SKUs to add different functionality like with AmpliTube and T-RackS.

Anyhow, this is $28 after using $12 Jam Points to upgrade the three kits.

Edited by ALC

29 minutes ago, ALC said:

If I install MODO DRUM 1.1.3 and then upgrade to 1.5, I can see all the old drum kits with only the three new ones as locked.  I would expect MODO DRUM 1.5 SE to unlock those three new kits.

IK is pretty good about using different SKUs to add different functionality like with AmpliTube and T-RackS.

Anyhow, this is $28 after using $12 Jam Points to upgrade the three kits.

Really? So it's worth it to get this if you own Modo Drum full? I might jump on this. Is it just new kits or has the sound engine of MD 1.5 been updated and improved?

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Really? So it's worth it to get this if you own Modo Drum full? I might jump on this. Is it just new kits or has the sound engine of MD 1.5 been updated and improved?

From what I've seen (no first hand experience yet) it is just the new kits (and a "2022 cymbal pack").  And likley that is why they call it 1.5 and not 2.0.

I'm thinking about the $28 to get the new kits.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

From what I've seen (no first hand experience yet) it is just the new kits (and a "2022 cymbal pack").  And likley that is why they call it 1.5 and not 2.0.

I did some googling. It seems like that is the case. My most used kits for what I do is Jazz and  Bubinga. The new Silver and Brit Custom look right up my alley. I am tempted to get this and sit on the serial and not register until the next GB

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I did some googling. It seems like that is the case. My most used kits for what I do is Jazz and  Bubinga. The new Silver and Brit Custom look right up my alley. I am tempted to get this and sit on the serial and not register until the next GB

Is that even possible if you buy it using Jam Points (i.e. direclty from them?)

I'm also dumbfounded that none of the kits are "Gretsch" based.  

Edited by Brian Walton

15 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I was wondering about the cymbal pack and if it was included in SE. In fact the 2022 cymbals are part of the Brit Custom drum kit. So it will be included in SE. Seems to me SE is the best and cheapest way to bring a full MODO Drum 1.0 to a full MODO Drum 1.5. So it is a cheap upgrade for sure.

What baffles me is that MODO Drum 1.5 SE is listed as more expensive than the full MODO Drum!?!?

image.png.acd658c655b8c4aaaa1e08708e0298ae.png

• Confused 1

Given that the font of MD 1.5 full is green, something tells me this is a sale price. But they haven't completely updated the site yet. I also see that MODO Bass 2 and 2 SE are sale price and in green font.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=ADDF&FV=brand-menu-modo&CV=Brand&PSEL=default-brand-menu-modo-brand

the regular prices for MD is below.

MODO DRUM 1.5 CS Free – 1 kit, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

MODO DRUM 1.5 SE $149.99 – 5 kits, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

MODO DRUM 1.5 $299.99 – all 13 kits, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

Individual MODO DRUM kits $49.99 – available to CS and SE users via the Custom Shop

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Yep, that's what I thought, just a web site sale info not complete yet. MODO Drume1.5 is $299.99 retail on sale for $79.99.

The IKM marketing dept. "Regular price  is $999.99 and on sale for 90% off!  $99 for you!  Buy now and SHUT UP !!"

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by telecode 101
  • Haha 4

79.99 is the upgrade price, has been that way from the go.

OG news and PR has contained the following from release:

Owners of MODO DRUM 1.0 and other qualifying IK products can log into their IK user account and add MODO DRUM 1.5 to cart to see the special crossgrade and upgrade pricing available to them, starting as low as $/€79.99 for the full version.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Help me understand, because it is too confusing for my old man brain.  If I have MODO DRUM 1.0 [with the 1.5 software update], and I get MODO DRUM 1.5 SE for the Memorial Day Sale Price (approx. $40 minus $12 in Jam Points = $28), what more would I get (drum kits, features, etc.) with the $80 version of MODO DRUM 1.5?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Help me understand, because it is too confusing for my old man brain.  If I have MODO DRUM 1.0 [with the 1.5 software update], and I get MODO DRUM 1.5 SE for the Memorial Day Sale Price (approx. $40 minus $12 in Jam Points = $28), what more would I get (drum kits, features, etc.) with the $80 version of MODO DRUM 1.5?  

That is my question too. To put it in simpler terms, does Modo Drum 1.0+ Modo Drum 1.5 SE=Modo Drum 1.5 Full?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Hum, as the upgrade is always 79.99, i will wait to upgrade in the next month! Thanks. :)

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Good point, I remember that now. Memory is such a forgetting faculty!

But I am very interested in @Doug Rintoul question's: does Modo Drum 1.0+ Modo Drum 1.5 SE=Modo Drum 1.5 Full? If not, what would we be missing?

2 hours ago, daveiv said:

How good are the free versions of Modo Drum & Modo Bass?

They are just one kit (Studio) and one Bass (60s P-Bass, without fretless).  I think that they are very fair - better than a limited time demo, and very usable.

• Like 2