Can we save ProChannel EQ type and Compressor settings presets ?

Wojtek Stecyszyn

Question

Hi all.

I managed to set my project template axcactly as I want it exept the ProChannel modules settings. There I have created a compresor settings preset and EQ type (G-Type instead of default Hybryd) and I have it all nicely done ready for me on the first track that is opened on each new project, but every next new track I create is back to default oryginal setting ignoring my presets - Compressor is reset and EQ is back to Hybrid mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can we save ProChannel modules settings in a project template?

---------------------------------------------

My music:

https://wojciechstecyszyn.bandcamp.com/

4 answers to this question

Yes projects and templates and track templates will all save Pro Channel settings. You can also save pre sets within in the prochannel.  Click on the little icon that is in the upper left corner. 

Screenshot (422).png

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

Yes projects and templates and track templates will all save Pro Channel settings. You can also save pre sets within in the prochannel.  Click on the little icon that is in the upper left corner. 

Thanks.  I already have my ProChannel presets saved (for whole ProChannel and for individual modules). The question is:  can I have them loaded as a default when creating new tracks? 

Or other way: track template  - I have it saved  but I wish I could  use it as a default track when creating each new track. Becouse is a bit longer way to insert a new track from template than  new default track . I use shortcut to do it and  instead of one keyboars stroke (create new track) I have here  operation: Keyboard shortcut>>navigating with mouse to select desired track template>> double mouse click. Would I ask for too much if I wanted to have it done with just one click?

Cheers

---------------------------------------

My music:

https://wojciechstecyszyn.bandcamp.com/

The short answer is No.

There is no way to alter the default track to either preload PC settings or swap it for a track template in CbB.

I created a shortcut using AutoHotkey to load a specific track template, in this example, a template for guitar. The script, bound Windows+Space, opens the template import dialog then navigates to my custom template folder then loads the guitar track template.

#space::
  Send,!it
  WinWait,Import Track Template
  Send,Custom{Enter}
  Send,Guitar{Enter}
  Return

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, scook said:

The short answer is No.

There is no way to alter the default track to either preload PC settings or swap it for a track template in CbB.

I created a shortcut using AutoHotkey to load a specific track template, in this example, a template for guitar. The script, bound Windows+Space, opens the template import dialog then navigates to my custom template folder then loads the guitar track template.

Thanks for answering.

I guess I will stick with my Cakewalk shortcut.

Best regards