BFD3 Update (not a deal per se, but...)

jackson white

4 hours ago, John Nelson said:

Where is the link to download the latest version?  I see nothing.... just a forum announcement.  Confusing.

Hi John,

You will have to update BFD 3 through the License Manager procedure.  No actual link to the update.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi John,

You will have to update BFD 3 through the License Manager procedure.  No actual link to the update.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Make sure to have the latest LM.

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Looks like it still requires you to be constantly on-line and phoning home to avoid licensing issues. Unacceptable and disappointing.

No, you don't have to be constantly online, never have been as far as I know, I have been offline for 2 months give or take, no issues. You just have to be logged into the LM, in other words, don't log out of it, but no need to actually be online. Only need to be online for that once, then every 90 days. Similarish to the CbB practice, except for 3 months instead of 6 months as far as I know, I don't use CbB

30 minutes ago, heath row said:

Make sure to have the latest LM.

No, you don't have to be constantly online, never have been as far as I know, I have been offline for 2 months give or take, no issues. You just have to be logged into the LM, in other words, don't log out of it, but no need to actually be online. Only need to be online for that once, then every 90 days. Similarish to the CbB practice, except for 3 months instead of 6 months as far as I know, I don't use CbB

If that is correct, and if it works (the latter a big assumption), I stand corrected. But why do I need to do anything every 90 days? It’s ridiculous. I don’t use the current version of Cakewalk, but neither Studio One, nor any other plug-in I use has this periodic re-licensing requirement. Love BFD3, but will stay on the pre-migration version and not give InMusic one more penny as long as they stick with this  licensing method.

• Like 2

It is correct, and corrected you stand. In that case, unfortunately then you won't be giving InMusic one more penny, as it seems that is how it is going to be.

I don't like it myself, and planned on staying on the pre InMusic version, then I realized I wouldn't be able to get any future Expansions, take advantage of any future features and fixes, and most of all, likely not be able to use BFD4 when it arrives. So in I jumped, which was fairly painless, as I said, I am offline, or have been offline for 2 months give or take after getting set up with no issues, and will just have to go online for a couple of minutes in another 30 days give or take, then back to offline again. A small price to pay to be able to continue using what to me is the best sounding drum vsti there is.

Hmmm, installed the latest LM and can login into my account on their website, but the LM is stuck trying to lob me in. It says the website (which is different from the one I manually go to) is unavailable. I'll keep trying...

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Anybody else get the issue where Licence Manager continuously tries to download everything again? Mine has been like it since InMusic took over. Other than that PITA the update went OK and everything appears to be working.

Only for 2 of the many expansion packs I have - go figure (it's because I delete the Mac .dmg installer from the folder, because I don't want it).  But it's fine on the other packs.

7 hours ago, fret_man said:

Hmmm, installed the latest LM and can login into my account on their website, but the LM is stuck trying to lob me in. It says the website (which is different from the one I manually go to) is unavailable. I'll keep trying...

Log out from LM then log in again - this happened to me this morning and this fixed it.

From Drew with regards to having to go online every 90 days to validate authorizations.

I am still flying the flag for long-term offline support. As it currently stands, you have to go online every 90 days to validate authorizations. I’d like to see this changed. I’ll post more when I know more.

So lets see what he can do, if anything.